AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around for a while (mostly at front projection) and have come to the conclusion that RPTV was a more economically sound decision (cable costs, screen, mountin cost, yearly $500 bulb cost etc...). I have my eye on a Mits ws55511 for $2300. I think it is a pretty good price and I want to act before last years models go away but I have a concern about DVI. Obviously I am not the only one with this concern since they added it to this years model. Should I avoid this model simply because of this??? Is HDCP really going to become reality or will it just affect DVD's??? I could get the new 55413 (w/dvi-hdcp)for the same price but missing the OTA tuner (big deal for me) and the sales guy claims the 511 has better optics. or I could pickup a Sony KP57WS510 w/dvi for closer to $2000 and spend the extra on a set top. How does the sony compare to the Mits?????

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Atl_Buckeye
(cable costs, screen, mountin cost, yearly $500 bulb cost etc...)
Huh? (with respect to the above)

I believe DVI is much more important for fixed-pixel displays; CRTs are much more forgiving. It's not clear what will happen with the standards, but it's doubtful that movie studios/standards bodies will be alienating pre-DVI HDTV owners anytime soon - certainly not before the end of that TV's lifetime.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cable costs, mounting costs,screen costs, bulb expense was referring to cost considerations when deciding between Front Projection and Rear Projection. Basically add at least $1000 to the cost of a projector to get up and running. With RPTV you pretty much plug in and enjoy!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.