AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 90-180 days out of STARTING my HT (Can't get the Daughter in law and grandson out any quicker!
)

The HC4900 has that AWESOME Rebate (can't shake a stick at $500, approximately 25% off cost)

Do I buy it now, and let it taunt me in the box until they move out?

Is it a bad idea to let the Warranty burn away while not in use?

Is the best deal from our Beloved sponsor PP?

What I can't tell, is that a Final Price? PRE-Mail in Rebate Price?

So many different sites, give you different ways to price it out !

If anyone wants to PM me specific Prices, I'm all ears.

WHY CAN'T MITS EXTEND THE REBATE 6 MORE MONTHS ! ! ! !

DO I just WAIT 6 more months HOPING another rebate, or serious price drop?

Is a rebate like this 'Rare' ? or 'Common' ?

Reason I'm leaning towards HC4900 *IS* the price

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm sorta in the same boat. I got it just a couple days before they extended the deadline. I'm moving this year and I dont think I'll bother installing the screen. So mine's going to sit in the box for a few months at least with no usage. I've already used it just on the wall to make sure everything works tho! It was the rebate that made me buy it right away

I got mine from PP.

·
Registered
172 Posts
PP probably does have the better return policy.

But, make sure it works within a few days of when you get it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey Rett

dont buy until you are ready to install.

New deals and price drops happen all the time.

I dont care when the rebate ends, the same pj or better will be cheaper in 3-6 months.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Davegrey: Aye, that is part of my delemma, do I wait and take the CHANCE of another 25% off of the price? (or a lower price overall) or do I 'pull' the perverbial trigger now. I do see I have another month now to contimplate what to do. Since Mits has extended their rebate.

BTW has anyone had any problems RECEIVING their rebates? (I TRUELY *HATE* Mail In Rebates, it always seems that 'something' happends, and I get *&$%$^'ed)

In the last year, we did that 'Home again' (microchipping of pets) to 2 dogs, and we just (last week) got 1 of the rebate checks, that was only a delay of hummm 9 months?

I truely do not want to wait 6-9 MONTHS for a rebate to come in the mail.

BTW thanks to all who have replied so far, great advice (like usual) and for the PM's on specific pricings.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
My Panny AE900 rebate showed up in about 6 weeks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
if you are going to get it from pp make sure you mention avs to get another 100 off, mine was 1899 pre rebate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts