Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, my problem is the Fusion will not tune FOX (RF 35) in Dallas

well at least in MCE, it will not tune FOX at all

I have ran the Fusion channel scanner

it finds FOX and has a strong signal

then I open the HDTV Fusion app and run the channel scanner in the app

but it will not add FOX to my channel line up

I can manually add RF35 to my channel list in the Fusion software

but the Fusion software will not detect that it is KDFW DT like other channels which I added manually

I have a strong feeling these problems are related

I started an account with Dvico over a month ago

and informed them of the problem

and they said they would fix it ASAP

but every new driver from them does nothing

furthermore this is specualation, but it seems the Fusion HDTV 5 has issues with channels adjacent frequencies

FOX is RF35 and KDFI (local independent) is RF36

UPN is RF18 and CBS is RF19

when doing the channel scanning in the Fusion HDTV app

neither RF35 or RF18 get added although there signal strength is high enough for reception

I added manually RF18 and the Fusion app detects it is KTXA UPN

anyways, would I have better luck with the Avermedia A180?

my Sony TV has no trouble picking up all my DTV stations

and most of the time with better signal strength

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
My fusion 2 had trouble displaying KABC-DT here in LA, CA. It would show 98% signal strength but no audio and a blank display. Maybe you're getiing multipath problems for that RF. Not sure what your antenna is. I used an attenuator and got KABC-DT to work but in turn lost other channels. Had to go to the roof and tweak the antenna to fix my problem.

So much for these 5th generation tuners....mike...

·
Registered
679 Posts
I had the same issue for Fox in my area - good signal but no picture or audio. Posted my problem in the Local HDTV Info And Reception forum for my area and someone diagnosed it as missing or corrupt PSIP data being broadcast by my local Fox broadcaster. He discovered the problem by capturing the datastream and analyzing the packets. Apparently the Fusion drivers can't handle bad data very well. So he called up the engineer at the station, got the datastream fixed, and everything's working fine for me now.

·
Banned
4,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Where do you live? And which window?
I was ready for that

Quote:
My fusion 2 had trouble displaying KABC-DT here in LA, CA. It would show 98% signal strength but no audio and a blank display. Maybe you're getiing multipath problems for that RF. Not sure what your antenna is. I used an attenuator and got KABC-DT to work but in turn lost other channels. Had to go to the roof and tweak the antenna to fix my problem.

So much for these 5th generation tuners....mike...
I can get FOX to tune in the Fusion HDTV by manually tuning RF35, but that doe snot help me to record in MCE

furthermore my Sony HDTV picks up FOX fine, with little trouble

I got a RS 15-1880 and Zentih Silver Sensor antennas using a line combiner

Quote:
I had the same issue for Fox in my area - good signal but no picture or audio. Posted my problem in the Local HDTV Info And Reception forum for my area and someone diagnosed it as missing or corrupt PSIP data being broadcast by my local Fox broadcaster. He discovered the problem by capturing the datastream and analyzing the packets. Apparently the Fusion drivers can't handle bad data very well. So he called up the engineer at the station, got the datastream fixed, and everything's working fine for me now.
MCE crys I need to adjust my antenna when FOX has got 5 out of 6 bars

and the Fusion HDTV app works fine on RF35

I thought about contacting FOX

but I would like to be clear on what I need to tell them before I call

I will I could post in there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.