AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying a set of Speakercraft AIM 8 THREE's from absoluteaudiovideo.com and can't find much information about this company on the internet. Their prices are reasonable and the claim to sell factory fresh, "A" spec with no grey market stuff. They also claim to warranty the speakers for 5 years (instead of Speakercrafts' lifetime warranty). A 5 year warranty would be fine for me since I will probably be replacing them within that time anyway.

Has anyone purchased from this company and if so what was your experience. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Their website has a "New York, New Jersey" look to it. I would be very careful...

John

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Hey! what's wrong with New York?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're in Jersey, apparently. They also aren't listed at resellerratings.com - which probably isn't a good sign. But if anyone's had any dealings with them or has knowledge of their service/warrantee the please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
No street address to be found - I don't like it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
It's also curious that there are two other sites which have the same telephone number as absoluteaudiovideo.com -- authentichometheater.com and allhometheater.com. Those websites are virtual clones of absoluteaudio.com. Hmmmm. Another not so good sign.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I was looking for a Velo once upon a time and tried calling these guys....it was never in stock or just sold the last one was the reply I got. I believe the guys name is Carlos. I also called one of the other sites with the same phone number(at that point I didnt' even notice it was the same phone number) and found it strange the same person answered the phone. At that point things seemed a little to weird for me!! Something just didnt quite feel right. I ended up with an SVS and never looked back....BUT BE CAREFUL!! If it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. I found out the hard way its much better to deal with authorized dealers than not, even for the higher cost of the merchandise! I mean, come on, a Bryston amp with a 5yr warranty covered under HIS dealer network!! Would that be Juan, Carlos and Pedro?? Sorry to RANT, but too many good people getting ripped off by bogus inet dealers pisses me off. Find an authorized dealer and feel secure about being protected with a factory warranty...Its well worth the extra $

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Sm
Hey! what's wrong with New York?
I'm lived in NY for 25+ years and would totally agree. There are electronic stores there that will try to rip you off... I get a little nervous when a store is located from NY, unless they have fabulous ratings.

-J

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for your insight and links. The last link posted above (thanks Shane) gave really good idea how this ring operates and mentions that the ring leader is Uncles Stereo. The link below details some consumer horror stories and ratings.

http://www.aslgroup.com/ExcelsisUnclesStereo.mht

I'll be avoiding them like the plague and will be going with a reputable, authorized dealer : )

-R

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.