AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi everyone,

I know nothing of audio, so if this is a dumb question I apologize in advance.

I recently moved into a condominium that has pre-wired speakers in the ceiling. The photo shows the speaker wires. Which receiver(s) can I get to take advantage of these ceiling speakers? I am not looking for anything fancy, something modest but reliable will do.

Thank you for your time.

Pote

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd look into the Denon E300. It has a really easy way of connecting these kinds of wires into the receiver. You basically push a button, you see a hole, put the wire in the hole, and let go. It was on sale on Amazon for $199 earlier in the day!

·
Premium Member
90,357 Posts
This is 4-conductor speaker wire typically used for in-wall installations with the cable connection standard as shown below. So if there are 2 speakers, each set of (4) speakers is connected to a single speaker, whereas if there are 4 speakers, then the "A" and "B" in the image would each be connected to a stereo pair of speakers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all very much for the information.

There are 4 speakers mounted in the ceiling - two in the living room and two in the master suite. But I think there might be three of those blue wires (each contains the black, white, red, and green strands). With 4 speakers and 3 wires, I am not sure how that would work out.

jdsmoothie, if a pair of speakers are connected to a single 4-conductor speaker wire, does Black goes with White then Red goes with Green?

Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts