AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using a replay 2000 and motorola cable box with absolutely no problems for the past year. All of a sudden, when I type in say "123" on the replay, the box will read it as "111233" every time. If I just type in two numbers like "069", the cable box will shut off and back on. I use an IR blaster. The cable box will change channels just fine if I use the cable company's remote. Also, the channel display is permanently lit on the cable box. It used to go back to the time after changing channels. When I hit menu (on the cable box itself), it ignores that command. The only buttons that work on the box are the volume and channel. I know it's easy to jump and say it's the cable box, but why does the channel changing problem only exist when going thru the IR? Also, my replay froze for the first time tonight in about a year. Strange problem. Suggestions? I've already tried modifing max digits and stuff like that on the "zones" cable box menu. That's not the problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot for that link. actually, as i knew what would happen - i give up and post on here - 5 minutes later i fix it. i changed from 4476 to 9476 (which i will swear up and down was not on the list last time i looked) and then re-entered the mods on the "zones" page and everything works again EXCEPT that the cable box will no longer accept any buttons but power volume channel and mute even when pressed on the unit itself, and I need that menu button to check out the clock display issue. Absolutely weird that two problems would appear simulatenously like that. They must be related. Oh well, thanks again and I guess I'll check out another forum on that issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.