AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
This isn't an easy question to answer. A lot depends on room dimensions and how your room is layed out (furniture placement and speaker placement etc.).
There is two great podcasts about the basics of room acoustics on "home threater geeks" podcast. Google it, and look for show number #177 and #178 . Scott Wilkinson the host of the podcast talks to Anthony Grimani about room acoustics and simple ways to start setting up your room with acoustics.
Anthony suggests if you go with about 20% absorption and 20% deflection of your total room coverage will help you get to about 90% of the sound quality you are looking for. The rest is tweaking and maybe adding a little here and there, maybe taking some measurements to help.
Another good thing to understand and they do talk about is reflection points of your speakers. They go over on how to locate them and how to treat them.
Just remember some of sound in a room is personal preference, some people like more base or less base. Others like more absorbsion in the room (as you probably have seen with people covering all there walls in acoustic absorption treatment).

My suggestion is listen to those podcasts, their talk is very easy to follow and exteremly informative.

Hope this helps you get to where you want to be. You can always put some pics of your room for people to give you some suggestions on how to start tackling your project.
I spent about 1000 dollars on treatment for my room, I can honestly say its was money extremely well spent.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I'm try to determine where to use OC 703 2" fiber glass or Diffuser panels. Just simple recommendation will be good. Not too technical please. Thanks.:)
solitiude - this is an area that contains almost as many variables as recommendations - or visa versa. More information is always helpful - goals, room size, budget, and, of course the too technical element..

Post your plan, your goals, your budget, your equipment and you'll get more accurate, focused responses. There are also many threads you can read for more info, such as this one and http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-dedicated-theater-design-construction/255432-acoustical-treatments-master-thread.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.