AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some rope lights that I want to turn on/off and dim if posible with my harmony 890

any suggetions?

Thanks

·
Registered
616 Posts
I too would like an answer given I have my subwoofer amp (QSC Pro Audio Amp) i'd like to be able to turn on and off with my remote. Kicker is my a/c connection/interupter would need to be able to support a full or close to 20 amps given the amp's producing upwards of 3000watts during extremely loud max effort sessions.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Those z-wave deals appear to be targeted to small amp draw applications such as lights correct? Would hate to go to trouble of installing this unit and finding out it won't pass 15-20amps worth of juice to my amp. Thanks.

Also I would assume it would work with a Harmony 1 which I have and failed to mention in my previous reply?

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTF
Those z-wave deals appear to be targeted to small amp draw applications such as lights correct? Would hate to go to trouble of installing this unit and finding out it won't pass 15-20amps worth of juice to my amp. Thanks.

Also I would assume it would work with a Harmony 1 which I have and failed to mention in my previous reply?
You have to do the work to figure out what works with your amp load.

And no, it will not work with a Harmony One. It will only work with the Harmony 890 since that is the only Harmony remote that includes Z-wave control. The reply was directed towards the OP who has an 890 and rope lights.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj
You have to do the work to figure out what works with your amp load.

And no, it will not work with a Harmony One. It will only work with the Harmony 890 since that is the only Harmony remote that includes Z-wave control. The reply was directed towards the OP who has an 890 and rope lights.
Yeah that's what I was trying to make sure of. Ok thanks. A quick search revealed many other simpler plug in solutions which would be more suited given the location of my 3 20 amp dedicated outlets. Some were for window a/c units which is probably more suited for the amp draw but would have to see if the Harmony One can control them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts