AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
No, you can't. I suppose if you were really determined you could get the program to un-encrypt the files, and then try to get them working with a software player, but it would be a fair amount of work, and the performance of software playback would probably be disappointing.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Yes, but as JKohn mentioned its a few steps. Get the patch program to 'fix' the file and create a 'generic' .ts file. WinDVD 3.1 (or filters) will playback the file if you rename it to .vob. CinePlayer 4.0 (or filters) will also but you may need to demux and remux (Xmuxer) to 1 stream and convert to MPEG2 if its from a source that was multicast. Then there is the Elecard player / filters. You'll also need a fairly fast uP- at least 1 GHz. 720p sources work better as they don't have any deinterlacing issues. I also think WinDVD playback is a bit soft. I prefer CinePlayer but it can be more steps and is finiky with some 1080i sources. My CBS and NBC is reported by the Cineplayer filters as 1936 x 1088 and can be problematic. PBS is reported as 1920 X 1080 and has always worked for me.

You really have to want to do it badly. Search for the terms Software HDTV decode etc. for more info.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.