AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to access the service menu for the Samsung JS8500? The issue is that this model does not come with a standard remote. It only comes with a smart remote which does not have the numeric keypad needed to enter part of the code used to enter the service menu.

I need to access it so I can enable the CAL-DAY and CAL-NIGHT modes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For those that might find this useful, I was able to get into the JS85000's service menu.

I used a standard remote from another Sasmung TV and the following combination worked like a charm:

Mute - 1 - 8 - 2 - Power

Make sure the TV is off before you tried.

DISCLAIMER: Myself and AVS are not responsible if you screw up your TV by poking around inside the service menu.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Anyone know how to access the service menu for the Samsung JS8500? The issue is that this model does not come with a standard remote. It only comes with a smart remote which does not have the numeric keypad needed to enter part of the code used to enter the service menu.

I need to access it so I can enable the CAL-DAY and CAL-NIGHT modes.

Any help would be appreciated.

That remote needs a major overhaul. Silly mistake by Samsung. It has a few good features. Use the remote from the 8550 or program a generic remote.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
For those that might find this useful, I was able to get into the JS85000's service menu.

I used a standard remote from another Sasmung TV and the following combination worked like a charm:

Mute - 1 - 8 - 2 - Power

Make sure the TV is off before you tried.

DISCLAIMER: Myself and AVS are not responsible if you screw up your TV by poking around inside the service menu.

What other settings might be useful from the service mode besides CAL DAY and CAL NIGHT for calibration?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there a setting for TV Speakers/Picture delay?

I have the following problem:
It seems like there is a delay between the picture and the audio (build in tv speakers). maybe less than .5 of a second but noticeable. Is there a fix for this?

Just to verify I've hooked up Amazon Fire TV box, then Receiver to the FIRE TV optical out (NOT tv). Sound from FIRE TV/Receiver speakers matched up perfectly with the picture on the tv. Then I turned up the volume on the tv and there was a noticeable delay between Receiver speakers that were plugged into Fire TV (Correct) and Samsung TV/Tv speakers (incorrect-a little late).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts