AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A number of AccessDTV owners have had problems with audio stutter and dropped frames when viewing CBS HDTV broadcasts.

I got new beta software from Cliff and have been testing it with the CBS station in San Diego for a few days. It looks like everything is fine now. I have not had this problem with the new software.

It took a lot of work for AccessDTV to fix this problem because it was not strictly a decoder problem. The station sent me an email acknowledging that through my and AccessDTV's input, they had to reset the HDTV encoder and make some changes.

I am very happy with the AccessDTV card. The recorded HDTV programs look just as good as the live broadcasts. This card really delivers and I have had no windows 98SE faults due to ADTV. This is a record for such a complex application.

Now, I just have to get MORE hard drives. I taped Meet Joe Black on ABC (3 hours with commercials). I then understood what people said about space - it took close to 27 GBs!

------------------

Rich

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Rich,

Any chance that new beta software you got has a gamma control in it for full-screen? This is one of the biggest issues for me, as some of the channels are just too dark. I'm also hoping they add the ability to enabled/disable the overlay window.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff,

the software I tested was just bug fixes. No new features beyond the ones posted on the web already, such as non-guide based recording. I do not see a gamma adjustment or any overlay controls. I personally route the card's output directly to my HDTV and do not use the loop-back cable.

------------------

Rich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.