Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI,

I removed my AccessDTV card in preparation for installing XP and I discovered that the heatsink had fallen off the Janus chip. It looks like they used some kind of double sided tape to attach it.

If you have an AccessDTV card, you might want to check that it still has the heatsink.

Mark

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Considering that I've been creating a bit of heat in my box, I just checked mine. The heat sink was solid as a rock. I couldn't get it to come off with even some fairly aggressive tugging.

It appears that the adhesive is a bit stronger then double-stick tape, but it doesn't hurt to check anyway.

I'm sure having the heat sink fall off wasn't too good for the climate in your machine!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Mine fell off too....I was moving the card from one machine to another (rebuilding the HTPC...again :p) and I noticed that the HS was loose...then dangling :/

Firmed it up with some HS adhesive from RS..

cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by boykster
Mine fell off too....I was moving the card from one machine to another (rebuilding the HTPC...again :p) and I noticed that the HS was loose...then dangling :/

Firmed it up with some HS adhesive from RS..

cheers,

Rich
Good fix if you cannot get the proper adhesive which is difficult to get. Just one note: The thinner the HS compound, the better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.