AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave up on getting my Hipix to work and got an accessdtv, and now I'm having problems with that.

It freezes my system (Windows ME, Athelon 1.3gb, 256MB, ALi chipset) after at most a few seconds of displaying HD inside a window. If I manage to get into full screen mode before it freezes, it seems like it will work forever.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
aviators99,

I forgot what video card you are using. If it freezes in the video overlay, then it sounds as if you maybe experiencing a video card problem. More info on the card and driver version would help.

Kei Clark

Digital Connection

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is an Nvidea Vanta LT. After seeing your message, I downloaded the latest drivers from their site (released last week), and it seemed to make the hang take longer to happen. Also, I've now had it hang in full screen mode several times (but the picture keeps going and the machine is otherwise nonresponsive). I've also gotten it to hang simply by going into PVR mode.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
If you dont record and don't do PVR I am sure you can get it 100% stable. It seems accessDTV is just more sensitive to other hardware since it has one extra IRQ to juggle. I have heard of it being very reliable from a couple of people on the forum with supposedly everything working perfectly; however, that is VERY rare.

Do a search on the forum for "accessDTV".

PS: I believe that one way to ensure 100% reliability with full functionality is to purchase accessDTV with a preconfigured and tested HTPC PC from Digital Connection.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
aviators99,

Have you also checked the Acer Labs website for any updates to the ALi drivers? I'm at a loss because I'm not familiar with this Athlon motherboard. The problems with VIA was known and at least I knew what to expect. I honestly don't know what else to suggest. I'm not familar with the Vanta LT either, the last series of nVidia cards we used were the GeForce series.

Kei Clark

Digital Connection

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mkanet
If you dont record and don't do PVR I am sure you can get it 100% stable. It seems accessDTV is just more sensitive to other hardware since it has one extra IRQ to juggle. I have heard of it being very reliable from a couple of people on the forum with supposedly everything working perfectly; however, that is VERY rare.

Do a search on the forum for "accessDTV".

PS: I believe that one way to ensure 100% reliability with full functionality is to purchase accessDTV with a preconfigured and tested HTPC PC from Digital Connection.
I only bought the thing to record since there are now cases where there are 2 HDTV shows on at once. Other than that, I don't need it.

I already bought my computer, so buying another one is something I'd rather not do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.