AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered why my computer started shutting down and rebooting all of a sudden (after all these years). AccessDTV driver prevented shutdown. I had simply switched my mouse from USB to PS/2. I now have no USB devices plugged in. Not sure if it was just the mouse... or if ANY USB device would cause the same problem. I was tired of having my USB mouse stop working every so often. Unplugging it and plugging it back in even stopped working and I had to reboot. (seemed to happen when I was in the middle of a game most often with HEAVY usage.) That's why I switched to PS/2 and found my computer rebooting and shutting down like normal. I will let AccessDTV know ... maybe it will help for a fix...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks PKamp for the update.

All, if anyone else is experiencing what is described above (cannot shut down) and have some time to help debug this with our support team, please email us at [email protected] .

Thanks in advance.

-accessDTV

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope the dozens of people who have talked about that problem here in the forums are stepping up to the plate now... let's help these guys nail down these problems. They seem to be making great strides recently with their new releases (AccessDTV file management) for example :

"The accessDTV Tape Manager allows the user to transfer any recordings created on theaccessDTV Digital Media Receiver product to a single transport stream file (.trp). Thisapplication will unencrypt the recordings and create a new single file for any encrypted/unencrypted

recording, for any all version of the software and drivers. It will create a new file, not erase any of the originals.

In addition, a COM object has been created to interface with the accessDTV Tape Library. Ifany software developers are interested in working with this interface, please let us knowby emailing us at [email protected] ." ... and I have been told that lots more is coming soon... this can only help the entire HTPC community to push further and faster ahead... yey competiion!

"Striving to better than what we are is what makes us human"... MAKE IT SO!! (you go Jean Luc)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GIVE ME A "B"....

thank you,

"Striving to BE better than what we are is what makes us human"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.