AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 654 Posts

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pleased to announce the latest and greatest release for accessDTV users.

Here's what you've all been waiting for:

accessDTV 2004.0.0.1 Software Installation

accessDTV 4.12.0.5 Drivers

accessDTV 2004.0 Release Notes

accessDTV 2004.0 Detailed Release Notes (Microsoft Word Format)

accessDTV 2004.0 Automatic Record EPG Search and Program Recording Scheduler Release Notes (Microsoft Word Format)

New Features and Enhancements in accessDTV v2004.0

- True HDTV DVR Functionality- not just record and playback

- Time Shift Recording SimulPay - Simultaneous Record & Play, sometimes called Chasing Playback, which allows you to watch a program currently being recorded from any point that's already been recorded with full Pause, Skip, Time Shift Slider, control even while continuing to record the live program in progress.

- (5) Forward And (5) Reverse Skip Controls now have User defined customizable times.

- HDTV Home Media Networking which includes Network Time Shift Recording SimulPay with (2) two or more accessDTV equipped PC's allowing you to record to, or watch from, \\Clips directories on any other accessDTV equipped PC on a wired Ethernet network, from a remote network accessDTV equipped PC, of a recording in progress on another accessDTV equipped PC.

- Room-to-Room Network Streaming – Simultaneous Multi-Room Viewing of the Same or Different Pre-Recorded and Recording-In-Progress Programs- Watch and Record From Anywhere - Resume Bookmarked Playback Anywhere

- True Internal Offline EPG - Automatically updated* 14-day Searchable Personal Program Guide with HD Program indicator and complete program descriptions.

Evolve Solutions will be working closely with accessDTV to offer customizable, uninterrupted TV Listings for your device. http://accdtv.guideremote.com

NOTE: See separate v2004.0 detailed Microsoft Word Version Release Notes that includes screen shots for further details about EPG - Personal Program Guide and Evolve Solutions TV Listings from Guide Remote for accessDTV.

- Automatic Record Program Guide Search allows you to choose to record every episode of a show or just the new ones and skip the repeats by detecting line-up changes and adjusts recording times automatically regardless of changes in the program line-up scheduled broadcast times and days of week. Search for and record shows by title, favorite actor, movies by favorite director, games by sports team or any other keyword or description.

- Scheduled Program Dialog now displays an unlimited number of shows to be recorded that can be directed to any directories on a local or shared hard drive with full network-wide hard disk space capacity confirmation on all Manually and Automatic Scheduled Recordings with sort able columns indicating Program Name, Channel, Date Time, Duration, Space Required, Space Available & Space Required

- Enhanced Editable User Set Manual Recording Dialog by time and channel that allows the user to also designate the Record Folder for each scheduled event.

- Full Conflict Resolution for all Manually and Automatic Program Guide Scheduled Recordings

- OSD - On Screen Display is enabled in Alpha form (Pre-Release)**. The OSD makes use of Internet Explorer for rendering the display complete with custom tags for accessDTV, communication with the accessDTV application and keyboard support. This allows a tremendous amount of flexibility both in the appearance of the OSD and in what it can do. The File OSD supports sorting by column. Press 1 to sort by name, 2 to sort by date, 3 to sort by program length. Pressing the same column number multiple times toggles between ascending and descending sort order for that column. NOTE: Keyboard commands available for the OSD File page appears in the list at the end of this document.

- OSD requires the use of the following drivers:

accessDTV Drivers

4.12.0.5 accessDTV drivers available from http://www.accessdtv.com/downloads

- User Option to Hide Video Overlay Window allows you to have only the GUI on the desktop.

- Digital Audio Options include a new audio output selection; PC Soundcard (Digital Pass-through) is now available in the Setup -> Audio/Video/General tab. This new selection allows a single digital connection from the PC to a surround sound processor or receiver with digital inputs. The existing selections have been renamed to more accurately describe their function.

- File Dialog now displays an unlimited number of Clips Directories from any local or network shared directories with sort able columns for Program Name, Date Recorded, Length and Folder Location.

- The File dialog now allows sorting by column.

- The Program Dialog now allows sorting by column.

- The Play List now supports multiple directories.

- Keyboard Hotkeys that cover just about every possible accessDTV feature currently available.

- The Program Dialog will now report conflicts and when the scheduled programs exceed available disk space for each record folder.

- Atomic Clock Accurate System Time Synchronization can now be handled automatically* within the application from a Setup Tab.

- Space Required and Space Available information added to the Record a Show dialog.

- Low Record Folder Disk Space Warning Dialog warns the user when scheduled recordings Space Required exceeds the designated Record Folder’s Space Available anywhere on the network

- Background Recording is now fully functional. The Setup -> PVR Settings tab now has a checkbox to enable background recording.

·
Registered
571 Posts
when you say 'background recording is fully functional', does that mean that it brings up no dialog boxes or overlays or anything of the sort?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wow. Congratualtions to iTech and the software development volunteers for working on getting all of this working. This will be an amazing achievement.

Fortunately, I am home today (snow & ice), so I decided to see what it looks like. Unfortunately, I can't get it working.

- stoped accessdtv

- uninstalled software

- cleared registry entries

- went to device manager and updated drivers for the Janus & SAA7146 devices

- rebooted

- installed new software

That produced the taskbar icon. But whenever I run the application, I get a prompt:

Fatal error in CTrackApplication:: Startup 0x80004005

click OK, then get:

Problem with accessdtv account. To return account to good standing, contact www.accessdtv.com

It comes up after that, but doesn't really work. The first time I did it, I clicked setup and edited the basic settings in A/V/General, clicked OK, and the whole thing hung. I rebooted and restarted accessdtv. Got the same two errors, but this time changing the settings worked. However, no matter what I do, I get no picture, nor indication of any signal strength in the signal meter. I am checking the local PBS, which I have always gotten a signal on, and the signal was coming in fine last night when I was using it, and I haven't changed anything since.

Scanning for channels produces no channels.

I read the release notes and thought maybe I need to register with a guide provider before it will work. But when I click on setup/Providers, I get:

Error# -910

Error# 92401

Unexpected information

d4tag

Function was passed an invalid structure pointer

then it exits.

Any suggestions?

I appreciate all the hard work that must have gone into this release, and hate to have to ask such a question so quickly.

Thanks,

Bruce

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Yep.

I concur.

It seems to be very alpha, and I am very tempted to go back to 11-18 release.

Click on "Providers" tab in Setup causes immediate crash.

On start-up it gives me Fatal Error CTrack apllication and then "Account Warning" with accessDTV?

Huh?

We appreciate volunteer's programming, but I guess I use wonderful System Restore function of XP for now. :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
I uninstalled first like the Release Notes state, and had no problems running ADTV v2004.

I also set up a free 14-day trial of the Guide Remote TV Listings and was able to download them into the ADTV EPG.

Bob

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally posted by TracerBullet
when you say 'background recording is fully functional', does that mean that it brings up no dialog boxes or overlays or anything of the sort?
Background recording will disable use of the overlay (basically it overrides the Setup option) and mutes the audio.

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally posted by galileo2000
Yep.

I concur.

On start-up it gives me Fatal Error CTrack apllication and then "Account Warning" with accessDTV?

Huh?

We appreciate volunteer's programming, but I guess I use wonderful System Restore function of XP for now. :(
The only thing alpha in this release is the OSD feature, mostly because it only has some of the File dialog functionality for now. Everything else should be working fine. We've been using most of the features for a couple of months now while fixing bugs, and tweaking things here and there. I'll look into the cause of this error you guys are seeing when I get home from work tonight.

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally posted by galileo2000
Yep.

I concur.

Huh?

Galileo, did you uninstall first?

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Geoffrey,

Of course I uninstalled.

First from Control Panel.

Then removed the folder.

Then used Regedit.

Then removed Janus etc. from Hardware Manager and installed new drivers after reboot when XP reported new hardware found.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I got the same results as Bruce above. So I uninstalled the application and reinstalled it and everything is OK now. Tom

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Harms
I got the same results as Bruce above. So I uninstalled the application and reinstalled it and everything is OK now. Tom
For those having problems, please try this for now until I have a chance to look into things.

·
Registered
566 Posts
On install I keep getting the following error:

"Runtime error 216 at 000025A9"

I did follow the unintall directions to the letter.

Note that this is on WinXP.

Will wait for some news... can't wait to try the new features! A few glitches on new releases is to be expected : )

-Chris

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:
Originally posted by pochoboy
gsr, are these new drivers the same as "adtv_drivers_4.11_rc4" ???
No these new drivers have OSD support and a few BSOD fixes. They do NOT have any fixes for the reported tuning issues that some people are experiencing.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chriscic

Will wait for some news... can't wait to try the new features! A few glitches on new releases is to be expected : )

-Chris
Gee, I get the exact same error in my Win2000 install. Could I have gotten a corrupt download? I'll try to d/l the files again. Can't imagine what else I could be doing wrong.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Quote:

-Chris
Gee, I get the exact same error in my Win2000 install. Could I have gotten a corrupt download? I'll try to d/l the files again. Can't imagine what else I could be doing wrong.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Geoffrey,

I re-did everything, I mean everything from scratch and now it works - no more crashes.

- reinstalled 11-18 version;

- deinstalled 11-18 version;

- removed folders;

- removed registry entries;

- removed devices (Janus and Saa) in Device Manager;

- restarted;

- installed "new" Janus and Saa when prompted by XP;

- installed new version.

- rebooted.

It is happy now.

OK, here comes the only difference : accessDTV service was NOT loaded on startup when I did it first time (I have disabled it from loading on start-up).

And after I reinstalled 11-18 it was loaded on start-up before I uninstalled 11-18 version.

Does it give you any clues? I hope so and thanks for all the efforts and support.

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:
I suppose you could have gotten a corrupt download - a fresh download is always a good place to start.

1 - 20 of 654 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.