AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seeing quite a few references in various posts across AVS about how the AccessDTV card has Tivo-like features. I'm researching which HD card to buy so I have a couple quick questions:

1) I've read the AccessDTV does Pause and Instant Replay. Can I use these functions when the ADTV is recording a show I've programmed, or is it only for "ad-hoc" viewing?

2) Is this a feature of the software that comes with ADTV, or is there something special about the hardware that allows this? Reason I ask is that I think I prefer the MyHD card (after reading about many ADTV woes), and if this is purely a software feature, is it not then possible that this sort of thing may show up in future updates to MyHD?

2b) Is there any way to acheive this with MyHD (possibly two MyHDs?) Any chance this feature will show up in the new MyHD coming out?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
1) -- Only for ad-hoc viewing (although it MIGHT be possible to save the temporary file with some creative approach)

2) -- There are some hardware components which enable this (double PCI bus, whatever this means).

2b) -- There are ways, none of them too easy: two computers networked can be compelled to do it (each with its own card). I don't know if having two MyHD cards in the same computer allows to do it.

2c) -- In theory, it should be possible to get something to work with on MyHD and a software based solution (DVHSTools, Zoom Players + filters, FusionHDTV software)... but I believe that there are a few pieces missing... although DVHSTools is very close...

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Quote:
Can I use these functions when the ADTV is recording a show I've programmed, or is it only for "ad-hoc" viewing?
Only for "ad-hoc" viewing. You are either in 'record' mode or 'time-shift' mode.

Quote:
2) Is this a feature of the software that comes with ADTV, or is there something special about the hardware that allows this?
Something special about the HW. (An extra PCI-PCI Bridge)

Quote:
2b) Is there any way to acheive this with MyHD (possibly two MyHDs?)
Some users have been able to do similar with (2) MyHD cards or (2) Hipix cards. MyHD has some special drivers that will allow two cards in the same PC. The people that do it with HiPix use two seperate PC's via a LAN.

Quote:
Any chance this feature will show up in the new MyHD coming out?
It doesn't look like it to me based on the photos Cliff posted. But I'm not sure.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.