AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this possible? Bought a PSN card a few weeks ago to buy GTI Club+, but so far it appears to only be a European release.

Is there a workaround to access it from the United States with a North American PS3?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't check your ip address to detirmine your region to prevent access?

What about payment? Their points cards aren't region specific?

Guess I'll have to just try it, but it sounds too simple to work.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
It is that simple to access other region's stores. I do not know if points cards are region specific though, so test it out and let us know! If so, I foresee a purchase of R-Type Delta from the HK store in my future.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No luck, points cards appear to be locked to that specific region. And after doing a quick search, it appears Europe hasn't even recieved PSN cards yet, so importing isn't a option.

I'll try a credit card next, hopefully theres no way they can tell which region a cc is from...

·
Registered
5,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames /forum/post/15527269

I'll try a credit card next, hopefully theres no way they can tell which region a cc is from...

There most definitely is.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bet that doesn't work then, I'll try it later though.

I may just have to wait for Europe to get PSN cards and import one.

Maybe before that day comes, this will see a North American release...

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
You can't purchase stuff from the other region stores. You can only download free stuff.

I've tried and it didn't work because Sony refuses to insert a currency converter in the store.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Well you can, your credit card just gets billed in the other currency. But the do "region check" the credit card details, which is more likely the reason why you got denied.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sony EU have clamped down on the virtual CC ones. At the moment we in the EU can get your PSN cards (e-bay etc) and buy stuff from the US store except the video side as this is locked out via IP address.

You guys in the US can not yet get access to purchase stuff from the EU store unless your CC is accepted during the transaction.

A real pain in the ass on both sides!!

We have no details as to when or even if we will get PSN cards over here.

Coblers to this region thing is what I say

·
Registered
572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/15535055

Oh man, thanks for this; I am so getting R-Type Delta.

which means you and i are going to work out some trades right?

Not joking...

i got tons for trade.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan C OSG /forum/post/15535088

which means you and i are going to work out some trades right?

Not joking...

i got tons for trade.

I guess so, since my HK account isn't being shared with anyone right now. My regular ID is full up (and it's stupid because one of them is a friend's old PS3 that got replaced by Sony and we don't know how to deactivate it, and another is another person who I thought we had deactivated my account on his, but apparently not).

·
Registered
5,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/15535233

I guess so, since my HK account isn't being shared with anyone right now. My regular ID is full up (and it's stupid because one of them is a friend's old PS3 that got replaced by Sony and we don't know how to deactivate it, and another is another person who I thought we had deactivated my account on his, but apparently not).

I'm in the same boat with the deactivation crap. Best bet would be to give Sony a call. I'll do so and let you know how that goes.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GTI Club Plus was released in North America today, so I'm all set.

Now I just have to hope Sumo Digital's next project makes it out over here, rumors from insiders there are that Outrun Online Arcade may be a European exclusive as far as the PS3 release goes (XBLA version is still on track for the US, but I was hoping to try both to see how well it works with the Logitech wheel compared to MS's wireless wheel).

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Martez, did you ever get the card? Do they just email you the code on the back or something? I was thinking about doing this for R-Type also. Unless you want to trade. I got a lot of stuff too.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
What did you guys do for addresses?

I put 22b Baker Street (Sherlock Holmes) for my UK one

Is the UK store different than the Hong Kong store? btw, I really like how the UK store is organized - far better than we have here!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts