Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am just about to buy my first projector, the Infocus LP340. I intend to connect my PC and my Panasonic DVD player to it. I intend to place the proj. using the ceiling mount.

Question: What cables and accessories should I go for? I live i Europe(Denmark), where we dont have HDTV yet, so I guess that stuff is irrelevant for now.

Whats all the cablewizard stuff? Do I need that? And whats with the different remotes? I planned on buying an infrared mouse and keyboeard for when using the pc....should I buy one of the special remotes instead?`

Hmm - I hope someone can enlighten me a bit on whats useful and whats not!

Thx, Mads

·
Registered
312 Posts
The cable wizard seems like it just has a long cable to go to a ceiling mount projector, and then at the end it has a breakout box with a bunch of connectors on it. I don't think you need it if you already have cables in mind.

Af far as remotes, I would just get something for your PC exclusively. The remotes for the 340 are really designed for using the projector for presentations. Since you are probably going to be using a general purpose infrared mouse, you probably don't need the handheld projector unit.

You should probably just wait until you get the unit and see what you want. The accessories are pretty expensive, and you can probably save some money by getting third party accessories.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Mads,

My LP350 came with the cable wizard. One side goes into DVI in. The other side matches RGB and other outputs. Can't remember the others cause I don't use them.

The RGB will be useful for your PC if it does not already have a DVI out.

There are no component ins on the LP350 so if you wanted to plug in a DVD player (without an RGB), you must use SVideo.

Keep in mind, all my information comes from the LP350 prospective and may not all apply to the LP340.

--Les

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.