AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up this morning and heard some noise down stairs. I must of bumped my phone and powered my home theater on. I have done this probably a half a dozen times. It is putting unneeded wear and tear on my equipment and especially my projector lamp. Anyone know how to address this issue?

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
1. Hopefully u own a smart remote that you can program a timer, and everyday at midnight, sends an OFF signal to the equipment.

2. There maybe a scripting/timer widget for your phone that does the same thing as 1.

3. Setup an hard timer to OFF a power strip everyday at midnight, not as nice as some equipment need to be on standby and not completely off.

·
Registered
22,166 Posts
I woke up this morning and heard some noise down stairs. I must of bumped my phone and powered my home theater on. I have done this probably a half a dozen times. It is putting unneeded wear and tear on my equipment and especially my projector lamp. Anyone know how to address this issue?
Why not just close out the app on the phone? If its not running it can't do that.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have Ford Pass for my F150 that allows me to do that. However you have to hold down on the F150 icon for about 3 seconds until it starts spinning them will start th truck.
Leave it to me though I will find a way to do it, lol.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
If you had an automation controller managing the system, you could put times the system should not be used. And you could even program an override with a password if you want to watch in restricted times.
Lots of solutions to this one. You just need a control system that is capable of implementing them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts