AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next step in my dedicated home theatre project is acoustic treatment. I see that there is a mster thread dedicated for that but it has around 12000 replies and reading all that to grab all ideas presented is not very practical. I came across following tutorial on the same subject as an alternative.

http://acousticsfreq.com/where-to-place-acoustic-treatment-in-a-home-theater/

The main idea presented in this article is to find reflection points for all speakers using a mirror and put absorption panels made of rock wool or similar at these locations. However this seem to be drastically different from what is suggested in the master thread. Which technique is better? Please note that I have large number of rock wool that I bought some time back which can be used for this, so there wont be any additional cost associated for absorption panels in my case. What I want is to get the best performance possible.

My sound system will be 9.2. Subs use Dayton reference 18" drivers and will be driven by inuke 6000dsp. Main speakers are Elusive 1099. Centre is DIYsoundgroup's centre speaker. Volt 10's are used for surrounds.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
That article describes how to find reflection points and cover them with absorption. There are plenty of opinions on what constitutes effective acoustic treatment. Many would argue that there is more to it than just covering the reflection points. It might be worth an hour of your time to watch this video.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That article describes how to find reflection points and cover them with absorption. There are plenty of opinions on what constitutes effective acoustic treatment. Many would argue that there is more to it than just covering the reflection points. It might be worth an hour of your time to watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raAyF5ksbkk&t=1739s
Great, I watched the video and got a fairly good idea about what needs to happen. For better easthetics I will have to keep the height of these panels to be at around half the room height which is 14' in my case. In this cas should I place tthem closer to floor or ceiling or in the middle?ac

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Somewhere in the middle sounds like a good idea, but make sure that they extend down below the level of your ears in the seated position, as well as the level of speakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts