AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if there is a better forum for this. If so let me know.
Accoustic panels are pretty helpfull for full audio systems with seperate speakers everywhere and large subs but would they do much for a soundbar and little sub?

I'm looking at gettin GIK 242's for my back wall mainly just for looks but the 244's do a lot more. however the one problem with the 244's is they are so damn thick so they don't look as nice, that and would either even make a differnce with a soundbar and low output sub?

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Are you planning to build on your current system some day by changing from a soundbar to a full surround system?

If not, then I'd question the logic of doing acoustical treatments in the first place.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you planning to build on your current system some day by changing from a soundbar to a full surround system?

If not, then I'd question the logic of doing acoustical treatments in the first place.
Upgraded soundbar I'm sure haha. Maybe focal dimension or goldenear 3d but no a seperate speaker system is highly unlikely.

I do have a lot of bare walls though, I'm talking 21' long and 15' high just on the front wall plus a full tile floor. Lotta echo going on, like a high school basketball court lol.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whether using 1 speaker (soundbar) or 11, it isn't overkill to tame the room. I would start by placing absorption across the front wall and middle of the back wall.
I'm not sure I can do much with the front wall but for sure the back wall is doable. I'm not sure if I should add base traps with my small base output or focus on mid and high echo

·
Registered
30,680 Posts
I'm not sure I can do much with the front wall but for sure the back wall is doable. I'm not sure if I should add base traps with my small base output or focus on mid and high echo
Focus on mids and highs. If you can't do much with the front wall, then place absorbers where ever you can on that wall. Something is better than nothing. Do you have any furniture in the room to break up reflections?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Focus on mids and highs. If you can't do much with the front wall, then place absorbers where ever you can on that wall. Something is better than nothing. Do you have any furniture in the room to break up reflections?

Everything is pretty much wood furnature and a leather couch and chair which I've read just reflects more, I can put a producers sound blanket on the couch though

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Before you resort to that, better to place some absorption and diffusion panels around the room. Just breaking up large open areas on your walls can go a long way to making the room more listenable.

Do you say that because they are ugly blankets haha:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.