AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have some experience and a good sense of how to place accoustical treatments in normal rooms, studio-type situations, etc ( I am no expert, but I can make it sound pleasing to my ears)

Now, I have moved and unfortunately my "theater" and music listening room is accoustically miserable. I have a large open living room which is open to the kitchen and hallway with wood flooring. The living room itself has carpet and a large plush couch (which helped a lot), but the room is open behind the listener to the kitchen which has not a soft surface in sight. The hallway has lots of shape, so I'm not terribly concerned with reflections from that area.

In this situation, will accoustic treatments at the front reflection points (behind the speakers, sides, bass traps) make a noticable difference in my sound quality even though my room is open to the kitchen??

I'm not too sure how partially treating a room which is horrible would help. Any input , advice or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you much

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
You are not alone, we have treated a lot of room like yours. Can you make it perfect? Sure, but is sound like you might have to use this room for other thing (maybe wife, family and so on). Will some treatment help? Yes

There are ways to make treatment blend into the room, things like soffit bass traps and panels with art on them are never a bad way to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.