AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking for accoustically transparent material for my screen wall which will contain my speakers.

Any suggestions.

Regards

Hussain

·
RETIRED theater builder
34,673 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the all material listed on the link accoustically transparent.

I need for screen wall that shall contain my front wides, front height and subwoofer. which one do you recommend.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Not everything on that website is acoustically transparent enough to place your speakers behind it. Stick with the ones Big listed (DMD or FR701). The suede fabric on that site might work for acoustic treatments, but you don't want to place it in front of your speakers.

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The folks over at accoustimac are not accepting my international credit card:(

Is there any other place i can buy some black accoustic fiber for my screen wall which shall enclose my front heights and wides.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
 Acoustex Fabrics carries a fabric very similar to FR701. You might try them if you are still having payment issues with other vendors.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,

I know it is a lot to ask but can somebody please order DMD for me , I shall give a usa address to deliver and I can pay them back via paypal or amazon. I just need 8 yards of their black dmd fabric which is about 96 dollars.

Thanks

·
Registered
939 Posts
No offense but that has scam written all over it. I'm sure you can find a fabric place that takes Paypal. Who is the international creditcard with? Aren't most cards international now?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thankyou for gikacoustics tip.

I can understand why somebody would think f it as a scam:) no worries will order from gik

·
Registered
248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC  /t/1526381/accoustically-transparent-material-for-screen-wall#post_24584755

DMD is a very forgiving stretchy fabric for the first time builder. GOM FR701 has been called burlap like. GOM has more colors.

Any other negatives to using DMD over GOM?  I got samples of both and I kinda like the DMD look and texture much more.  The only thing I can imagine is that some may not like the bit of sheen the DMD fabric has.  The GOM does look like burlap and I would imagine it picks up lint way more.  I ask because it seems like the overwhelming choice among people on the forum is GOM FR701.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts