AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
It is a scaler. If the input source resolution exceeds the projector's panel resolution, the AccuBlender "blends" the source lines to achieve this physical constraint. If the panel resolution exceeds the source resolution and the AccuBlender is enable, it brings the resolution up to that of the panel's by adding and blending lines. If the panel and source resolutions are identical, it does nothing.

I have a VT540 and have been very pleased with the scaling of HD sources. Wait, make that extremely pleased. When driving the projector with my PC, I run at XGA resolution so there is no effect there. I am also very pleased with the Accublender results using one of my composite satellite receivers as the source (especially from analog sources). Not HD good, but equaling that which I have seen from digital SD, and embarrassing the effort put forth by GI/Motorola's HDD200 (for NTSC conversions).

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
As a fellow NEC VT540 owner I can second Man E's sentiments. The built-in scaler in this projector does a very good job (although, like Man E, most of the time I use a home theater computer outputting the VT540's native XGA resolution, so the AccuBlend scaler doesn't kick in during those regimes).

------------------

Scott Gammans
The Scooterplex Cinema 1

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
It's the ultimate is cross-eyed.

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.