AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am trying to get in the S3D for my Home Theater. I see they have released a few well more then a few but still not as many as I would desire..

I am looking at getting a Acer H5360 or the Optoma HD66, Now I been reading and some of the questions I have are,

1. Which Shutter Glasses do I buy?? Will any work or do I need special brand??

2. do I need a Converter or something besides the Proj. and Blu Ray???? I dont need a Reciever I will be plugging the Blu ray Directly to the Proj.

3. How far will the Wireless reach?? Will I need an Wireless extender??

4. Anything else that I might have missed??

I plan on getting a blu ray maybe the Samsung BD-C6900XAA Player will work..

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know you cannot just plug a 3D blu ray player into either of the projectors you reference. Instead the source has to come from a computer with a properly equipped NIVIDIA card and emitter. The computer of course would need to have a 3D capable blu ray player.

As far as the glassess, I know NIVIDIA ones will work, but would also be interested in hearing whether others might also. Especially curious if the Panasonic 3D glasses will work.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
A 3D BD player will NOT work! If you want 3D and don't have a PC with at least a Geforce 240 video card then you'll need to buy one of the JVC 3D projectors or the new $10,000 Sony. Sorry for the bad news. The only way you'll be able to use a 3D BD player with the Acer or Optoma for 3D will be with the $500 Optoma converter which supposedly will be available in Dec. 2010.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the converter could be an option if that is How I will get it too work

So If I bought the Converter which Glasses could I use then??

Anyreason they are making S3D so Difficult with a Front Projector??

·
Registered
710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu /forum/post/19553670

A 3D BD player will NOT work! If you want 3D and don't have a PC with at least a Geforce 240 video card then you'll need to buy one of the JVC 3D projectors or the new $10,000 Sony. Sorry for the bad news. The only way you'll be able to use a 3D BD player with the Acer or Optoma for 3D will be with the $500 Optoma converter which supposedly will be available in Dec. 2010.

Are you saying that the converter will work for both brands of projector (Optoma and Acer) or is it going to be proprietary to the Optoma?

·
Registered
5,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTV /forum/post/19567300

Are you saying that the converter will work for both brands of projector (Optoma and Acer) or is it going to be proprietary to the Optoma?

I don't think anyone here knows yet. I'd certainly wait until the converter is released, which may be in a few weeks, and then wait for someone here to confirm that it works for all the 720p 3D DLP projectors. If it doesn't you either wait for someone else's converter or go the PC route or forget 3D for now - or spend much more money on a 3D JVC or Sony.

There is a post on the "Acer, is it worth it" thread that claims that the Optoma converter will work with the Acer H5360.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts