AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
I'm going be eye only, at the moment. I have set the "user" mode as follows:

Brightness (49)

contrast (56 or 57)

Colour temp: (1) (not sure so I'll check)

gamma (3 for darker movies like A Christmas Carol to "open up" detail in the

darker scenes and 4 for just about everything else or maybe it's the other way around)

Red (113) (Nvidia setting

Green (90) " "

blue (100) " "

·
Registered
140 Posts
Anyone know if there's a way to adjust the bias for the low end of the gray scale? I assume the RGB adjustments are for gain? Also, is there any advantage to switching the 3D mode to nvidia vision? Does it color correct for the glasses? Right now the software player automatically changes the refresh to 120hz so I don't have to manually turn on 3D mode and see the annoying warning message.

For the stereoscopic player users--can you set it up so it doesn't resize the image? There's a video processor section that lets you use ffdshow but it looks like the video has already been resized before it gets to ffdshow.

·
Registered
140 Posts
THese are the settings I'm using for a G1 firehawk:

User profile

wall color - yellow

brightness - 50

contrast - 58

color temp - 2

degamma - 2

nvidia video settings

hue - 180

saturation - 60

gamma - .95

dynamic range - full

edge enhancement - 24

powerdvd

color profile - theater

For stereoscopic player users, I think I was able to get ffdshow to resize without using the player or video card's scaling. So you can use 8:13's or your own settings to resize/sharpen videos to the display's resolution. For a 1920x1080 half width side by side video, set your resize to 2560x720 and tell the player it's a full size side by side video. You can use ffdshow for image processing like RGB conversion, levels, etc. This is helpful since the projector doesn't have a lot of PQ options.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroElectro /forum/post/19602213

Anyone know if there's a way to adjust the bias for the low end of the gray scale? I assume the RGB adjustments are for gain? Also, is there any advantage to switching the 3D mode to nvidia vision? Does it color correct for the glasses?

Both Nvidia and DLP link modes colour correct for the glasses - anyway that's my understanding.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Has anybody calibrated with a disc yet?

·
Registered
140 Posts
These are my current settings -

User profile

wall color - yellow

brightness - 50

contrast - 60

color temp - 2

degamma - 1

I now use the nvidia vision video player (stereoscopic player) exclusively for two reasons. I can use ffdshow post processing to make the Acer look a LOT better for 3D playback. The other is that stereoscopic player has a lot of 3D adjustments that powerdvd doesn't have. Stereoscopic player doesn't support 3D bluray yet, so I rip my 3DBDs to 3840x1080 side by side videos.

These are my ffdshow filters in order:

Picture properties (Saturation) - 72

Levels (Curve) - 10,0; 30,23; 49,46; 60,56; 255,255

Sharpen (Unsharp Mask) - 25

The levels filter lets me use the lowest projector gamma without making the image look washed out. Unsharp mask recovers some of the 1080p detail from the resize.

I'm using an old quad core q9550 so I can't use every filter I'd like. I've also given up lossless audio to prevent any stuttering. But the tradeoffs are worth it. 3D image quality looks very close to my Sony 3D lcd without the crosstalk.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroElectro /forum/post/19704294

These are my current settings -

User profile

wall color - yellow

brightness - 50

contrast - 60

color temp - 2

degamma - 1

I now use the nvidia vision video player (stereoscopic player) exclusively for two reasons. I can use ffdshow post processing to make the Acer look a LOT better for 3D playback. The other is that stereoscopic player has a lot of 3D adjustments that powerdvd doesn't have. Stereoscopic player doesn't support 3D bluray yet, so I rip my 3DBDs to 3840x1080 side by side videos.

These are my ffdshow filters in order:

Picture properties (Saturation) - 72

Levels (Curve) - 10,0; 30,23; 49,46; 60,56; 255,255

Sharpen (Unsharp Mask) - 25

The levels filter lets me use the lowest projector gamma without making the image look washed out. Unsharp mask recovers some of the 1080p detail from the resize.

I'm using an old quad core q9550 so I can't use every filter I'd like. I've also given up lossless audio to prevent any stuttering. But the tradeoffs are worth it. 3D image quality looks very close to my Sony 3D lcd without the crosstalk.

Thanks for the post....Couple of questions. Are you demuxing left eye, right eye and audio with eac3to?

Do you know if the nvidia player can take command line args for passing the left eye file, right eye file and audio stream. I haven't found much documentation on it. Loading seperate files is a pain..I might be able to create a launcher for the 3 files if it will take the files from the command line.

Mike

·
Registered
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeEby
Thanks for the post....Couple of questions. Are you demuxing left eye, right eye and audio with eac3to?

Do you know if the nvidia player can take command line args for passing the left eye file, right eye file and audio stream. I haven't found much documentation on it. Loading seperate files is a pain..I might be able to create a launcher for the 3 files if it will take the files from the command line.

Mike
eac3to is used for demuxing, but you need to recreate the right eye stream with an MVC decoder. This guide shows you how to do it all manually:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=155246

But I use ssifsucka which automates all these steps:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ssifsucka/

Ssifsucka can be used to create separate left/right files, full/half side by side or over under files.

Another avisynth tool I use is the pantarheon 3D toolbox.
http://www.pantarheon.org/AviSynth3DToolbox/

It can be used to convert 3D files to nearly any 3D format, frame packed, side by side, etc. Very useful if you come across files that are encoded with the right eye first, but have no way to adjust it on a flat panel.

Stereocopic player accepts command line args so I assume the nvidia version does too.
http://www.3dtv.at/products/Player/C...Params_en.aspx

I encode to a single file so I just drag and drop. One thing I couldn't find documentation on was keyboard controls for video playback. Main keys I use while playing videos are space for pausing, and the keys for adjusting parallax. Seems to be enough but anything else requires leaving full screen mode.

·
Registered
140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu /forum/post/19646440

Both Nvidia and DLP link modes colour correct for the glasses - anyway that's my understanding.

Ahh, I'm an idiot. I didn't set the 3D mode to nvidia and was just feeding it 120hz from the PC to avoid the 3D warning. The nvidia vision mode in the projector does seem to correct the colors that I've been trying to fix with ffdshow. So my acer settings ended up being pretty much the same as yours with I think degamma 2. Still using ffdshow for unsharp mask and resizing half width side by side videos though. Brings back a little more sharpness pop to the image.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts