AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this is my first post and it is a stumper for me. I have an Acer h7530d projector that is getting vertical lines around bright images. The lines are evenly spaced. They are also in the menu with nothing attached to it but are more like dashes. The vertical lines are evenly spaced dashes when watching a move around high contrast areas. When in service mode in the test pattern menu I have scrolled through all the patterns and colors. All colors are fine execpt bright white that has the same vertical lines evenly spaced. The vertcal lines on the test pattern line up with all the dashes and vertical lines on any menu or movie when watching. Also you can see the entire lines from top to bottom on that bright white color in the test pattern mode. Dont know what it can be any info would be great thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not under warranty. I tried to talk to an acer rep but they wouldn't help me cause of no warranty. Acer website is awful there is no helpful information on it for this model.

·
Registered
650 Posts
use it until the stripes stay. otherwise its to the trash can as this is not user replaceable.the dmd is ok, its the processing board that controls the dmd that is broken. cheaper to buy new pj than to buy board and pay to install.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey just wanted to let you know it was the light tunnel and dmd chip were bad. I sent to royalcameras.com and they fixed it for $335 with next day shipping. It is working great like new again Still cheaper than buying a new one that would have cost $1100.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know this thread is ancient, but in case it helps anyone else, I had this problem twice.

Symptoms: white, evenly spaced vertical lines across the screen. By pushing/squeezing in a certain part of the projector, the problem would temporarily go away. So that told me it was some kind of contact problem. Additionally, sometimes color would go off in addition to the lines, but the color would usually correct itself after a few seconds.

What ultimately fixed it was taking the projector partially apart and cleaning the contacts that connect to the lamp hardware. Sorry, I don't know the part numbers or names, but there's only one in the assembly. It's a board that sockets into the main board and has copper contacts that resemble an old Nintendo cartridge. I think it might be the DLP chip board.

Similar to how we used to blow the dust out of Nintendo carts and clean with iso alcohol, I used a cotton swab to clean those contacts, re-assembled and it worked fine.

The first time it happened it was under warranty and they fixed it. The notes stated they replaced the DLP chip.

The second time was out of warranty so I knew I had nothing to lose by trying.

Other than that, my Acer H6500 has been going strong and at around 8000 hours on its second lamp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts