AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking for a the best projector in my price range and available to where i was living...my usage is very high and i have a room of 12 foot x 14 foot....the room has a height of 10 foot..so i looked up for the led projectors...these three projectors came were the best for the same having price as pb60g>w500>k330 ....my usage would include occasional web surfing,movies , gaming...please suggest me the best projector out of these 3 that i can get in my case....i am a little new at this and this will be my first projector so please bear with me a little...thanks in advance .. : )

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay i will read that but actually i read that pb60g has some auto focus problem....and that k330 might be better than that...do any of them have any connectivity issues??

·
Registered
729 Posts
LOL

This is not a chat room, most of us in these forum rooms only drop by from time to time, so allow the comments to come over the course of a few days.

I saw you in 2 or 3 hours post in your own thread 3 posts and wondering why people were not within 2 hours posting lots of stuff.

Give it time and continue to do research on the models you are interested in, there are a number of threads on those PJ's and read the amazon user reviews too, to see which is best for you.

You might want to add the LG pa70g to the list of possible LED's and there may be others.

There are pro's and con's to all of them. I would pick the LG pa70g out of the ones you listed. Look into that thread. The only problem with the pa70g was some units were not focused out of factory. So buy from place that will exchange it for you if you get unfocused model.

The reason the LG pa70g is one I would pick is, internal stereo speakers that work great, built in media center so all you need is usb stick with your stuff on it. More lumens of 700 compared to 500. 2 year warranty. 30,000 hours compared to 20,000. The other models have start up focus problems which the lg70g and lg60 doesn't suffer from.

Allow a few days for the other guys to post their take on it.

You are in section where bulb and LED models are listed, so look at advantages and disadvantages of each and how much money you want to put into this hobby.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the reasons i cant add something like that to my list is that its really out of my budget ...the availability of projectors is very low where we live so i have to deal with the prices we get...secondly....it would be replaceable but i am really not willing to take that risk...please it would be really helpful if the answer could be out of these 3 only

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
soo people please i really cant add any other projector to the list these are the only three i have....so tell me the best outa these

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello All, I'm also considering to buy a LED projector for its xxxxxhours lamp life. Its for movie use mostly. My screen will be 100/120 inches diagonal and distance between screen to projector will be 10-14feet. I prefer a mount to provide me a video image height of 6feet min.

I looked at the spec for Acer k330 and Lg pb60g. acer k330 can't handle 120inches diagonall image where as lg pb60g can handle distance of 10feet and image height of 6feet.

I'm planning to add a projector+screen(8x6feet) to my HT setup. My 7.1setup consists of Onkyo 609 & wharfedale 9.6+Jamo101. I don't have cable TV or STB in our house. The use of projecor is only for movies and 90% in night. Usage will be mostly in weekends, 2movies min per week. Source will be laptop with HDMI or DVD player fed to AVR. HDMI out from AVR will be fed to projector.

Hall size is 14x16feet(LxW). Distance between couch and screen will be 14feet. Screen will be infront of TV and in between front floor standers and behind center speaker. I plan to use 8x6feet manual pull out screen. Projector can be fixed in ceiling mount (in this case distance to screen can be 5feet or 9feet) or wall mount where the distance to screen will be 14feet.

Here are my queries. I have referred projector price list from deltapage.com

1) I would like to know if I can get image height of 6feet with ECO setting.

Can I use 300-500lumens LED projector (1280x800resol) to project video to screen which is at 14feet. The image size expected is min 8x6feet. Usage at night. Living room height 10feet.

2) What are the constraints in increasing the distance between projector and screen.

3) Is it DLP projector different from LED projector?

4) Which is better ceiling or wall mount? cost. can I buy from ebay?

5) What is short throw projector? Can I place projector with 5feet gap and expect 8x6feet image. This is to avoid mount + wiring cost.

6) Can I buy screen from ebay or which is best place to buy in bangalore?

I would prefer setup to be one time and no adjustment during its usage.

Sorry for gate crashing in to this post. Please let me know if any of my assumption(above) is wrong. I'm new to projectors and first time I thought of buying one.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007india  /t/1465781/acer-k330-vs-lg-pb60g-vs-viewsonic-pled-w500#post_23346780

acer k330 can't handle 120inches diagonall image where as lg pb60g can handle distance of 10feet and image height of 6feet.

Don't read too much into what the manufacturer puts on the box.

Here is a video of the acer k330 on a 120 screen, there are lots more on yourtube. it may look better smaller, but still looks fine to me on a larger screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIoUbLCPh7g

Edit: what I would look for is #1 does the thing have focus issues and 2, hdmi issues if I remember for the k330. Did those ever get fixed, read up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts