Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to these forums, and to the projectors world, and I'm looking for some special projectors, that can project in 3Dstereo with shutter glasses. Note: in "stereovision net" forums are some references to some infocus and others that can do it, more or less.

To avoid flicker, because the refresh rate must be divided by two in order to use shutter glasses, I'm looking for projectors with a vertical frequency of 120 (or 100) Hz.

I have found the Acer PD723 and PD725 (and the PD723p/PD725p), but I can't found any review/opinion on them. Anybody knows WHY "projectorcentral" do not list Acer as a brand of Projectors, but they list benq, or others?

Why Acer is so difficult to find on the inet (except the home page, of course)?

Tx

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Acer may just be rebadging other brands. Not sure.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Have you already bought your glasses and know you need a specific refresh rate?

I bought mine about a year and half ago - and yes they don't work at all on my Sharp Pg A10x LCD projector due to the refresh rate and issues you note. I can only use them on my CRT direct view.

But if you go to the manufacture's web pages you will note today that they say the ones they are selling now work for LCD panels - and specifically note that the earlier versions such as mine do not work. Maybe they really have addressed this issue in a way that you don't need a specific scan rate for the projector?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have E-dimensionals (before LCD compatibility) BUT, AFAIK the "compatibility" with LCD means TFT, i.e. flat screens, I have no idea about its use on a LCD projector...maybe they work.

But I have not read never something like this, (but it's true that I only read the DLP threads, :p )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.