AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I received my Acer Aspire Revo 3610. Wired it to my router, HDMI out to my AV Receiver, powered it up, connected the Bluetooth dongle for the keyboard/mouse, and booted up Windows 7...Installed a massive amount of Windows updates (40+), and then loaded up iTunes. iTunes recognized my WD MyBook World Edition NAS (where my music resides), and then upon 'play', I got no sound.

Then it dawned on me...I hadn't heard a peep during any of my prep work, installs, updates, etc.

Does anybody know what steps I need to take to make sure this thing knows I want sound pushed out of the HDMI cabling?

I can think of 3 areas I'd need to check:

BIOS. Since there's an optical OUT, I'm thinking it might have a default choice. But then again, why wouldn't plugging into one of the ports (HDMI/Optical) make that choice for you?

Windows audio (?)...

The sound card settings...

Does anybody know what these settings need to be 'set' to? Do I sync them all to HDMI? It seems they've gone to a pretty decent length here to give you a small box to do your HTPC lifting...but it's stopped at the 1 yard line here.

· Registered
3,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithroby /forum/post/18165848

Windows audio (?)...

Assuming Windows 7:

Control Panel » Hardware and Sound » Sound » Playback

There should be an HDMI option there which you should set as the default device. If you don't see one, then try (re-)installing the latest ION drivers.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd /forum/post/18166009

Assuming Windows 7:

Control Panel » Hardware and Sound » Sound » Playback

There should be an HDMI option there which you should set as the default device. If you don't see one, then try (re-)installing the latest ION drivers.

I did this. Still nothing. When I test, the equalizer graphics show that they think there's sound, but there's nothing.

my receiver detects NO signal, either.

HDMI plugs are firmly secured. I updated the Nvidia Ion driver as well.

And the HDMI is enabled in the BIOS.

what next??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.