AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased an Acer Revo 3700 Ion and I have it attached via HDMI to my Onkyo 605 receiver that is running my Viewsonic projector. The OS is Windows 7 64bit. I get good video from the Acer but absolutely no sound. Under sound in the control panel there are only options for the headphone jack and the Realtek optical out but nothing for the Nvidia HD Audio. I have updated all the drivers via Nvidia menu under control panel as well. According to device manager Nvidia HD Audio is installed and working fine. I am not sure what else to check. Any help you guys can provide is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have a new Revo 3700. I m dropping frames watching hulu.com via HDMI to my Sony 42" Sounds is fine though. Have you tried hulu yet? Called Acer Tec support and they want $129 to help me via Pay support. No way.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have checked the bios but I do not see any option to enable HDMI or any other audio controls. Perhaps I just don't know where to look but if you could provide explicit direction of where to look I would appreciate it. It is very frustrating that I cannot find anywhere to adjust the sound output to HDMI. I can't even find any evidence the computer sees the HDMI port although according to device manager Nvidia HD Audio is installed and working fine? Any more ideas?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Ther is nothing in the BIOS to activate HD Audio. Have you downloaded the drivers from Nvidia's website. They have drivers for graphics and Audio, download both.

When you right click the sound icon in the task bar, open playback devices you should see Nvidia HDMI Out, Speakers and Realtek Digital Output. Select Nvidia HDMI as the Default.

I have no problems with a Revo 3610.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia and when I right click on sound icon and check playback devices i only have options for the realtek spdif out and headphone jack. i have no hdmi option listed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought I had read elsewhere that it was a bios switch, could have been wrong. I have an Acer 1600 that we use as a kid's computer - I'll dig around on it and see - sound works fine over HDMI on it.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Skits for checking. Interestingly enough I went to my local Fry's (Manhattan Beach) and they had a 3700 for sale there. I checked the sound manager menu there and there was also no output selector for HDMI audio. I wonder if something got screwed up on these 3700's?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you Twilly for the link but I had already updated the audio drivers. I am really stumped as it is like my computer doesn't know it has an HDMI for audio purposes as there is no where to select HDMI audio out. I am half tempted to reinstall windows but I am not sure if that will change anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I just bought an Acer revo 3700 to us as an HTPC with my Pioneer Vsx1018. I ran an hdmi cable from the HTPC to the AVR for video and an optical for audio. The audio works juts fine but I can not manage to get a picture. When I connect the HTPC directly to my TV through HDMI, I get a picture. So I guess there is a handshake problem between the Nvidia ION graphic card and the AVR. (BTW, the Nvidia recognizes the AVr as a display device). Does anyone could help me so that I could get a picture? Tks a lot for your help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts