AVS Forum banner

Achievements While XBL is Down?

525 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  xxThe Deanxx
If we get achievements for our SP games while xbox live is down, are we going to still get credit when it goes back up? I know we're "supposed" to ....but can anyone confirm that offline achievements are actually updated when you log back in?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
They should be added to your local gamertag score immediately, and will show up on xbox.com once you reconnect with LIVE.

I've received a number of achievements in various games while playing with the ethernet cable unplugged, and the achievements were all awarded normally, and showed up on xbox.com as soon as I re-connected.
Yes I can confirm that. I had two or three while my modem was on the fritz and as soon as I was back on Xbox Live a few days later they updated.
thanks guys... I'm off to bf2 so for now :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22
Yes I can confirm that. I had two or three while my modem was on the fritz and as soon as I was back on Xbox Live a few days later they updated.
I can reconfirm what he just confirmed. :)
The only thing missing will be dates on the achievements when they post.
Any highscore (arcade games) you make whilst its down will copy over when its back up as well.
It would only make sense, I mean Internet services do go offline from time to time, lost connections etc. so there would be a lot of unhappy people if your local unit had the achievement yet it didn't register online.

You would have to reset your system somehow until you could actually get it while logged in online.
Yes, as noted above, the one thing which is different is that any achievement earned while offline will forever show up without a date, because the system doesn't know when you really earned that achievement.

A bit of an irritant, but not a huge deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slordak
Yes, as noted above, the one thing which is different is that any achievement earned while offline will forever show up without a date, because the system doesn't know when you really earned that achievement.

A bit of an irritant, but not a huge deal.
Great for dweebs who are into cheating on Achievements. Although most of the cheating and boosting is for online achievements anyway.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.