AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The key to selling on the internet is that people have to trust your product sight unseen (or should I say ear unheard) and they have to be able to trust you to keep your promises.

ACI posts a 1 year Total Satisfaction Guarantee on its web site and I now know that they live up to it.

I bought a pair of Sapphires in May and have been loving them ever since. About a month ago, one of them blew. I was working in another room with the local jazz radio station at about 35% power on my 100 w/ch Rotel receiver when I noticed that there seemed to be one hell of a lot of bass coming through. Never having heard a speaker go wonky before, I figured that the folks at the radio station had just cranked the wrong dial or something. I didn't stop tp think that what I was hearing was well beyond the ability of FM radio to transmit.

Well the thumping stopped and the next day I went out of town for a week. Came back to find one of my speakers wasn't working. Whaddya gonna do. **** happens.

"Pack it up and ship it back to us!" Said ACI. "We'll pay for it!"

I did just that and a week after they got it, ACI sent it back all fixed. I think they even waxed the cabinet!

Now that's service. And that's why when I finally have the bucks for 5.1, I'll be going back to ACI. Great products AND great service.

·
Registered
27,314 Posts
Fabulous! But my experiences over the past 20 years of audio equipment purchases has shown me that most reputable manufacturers who make a defective product that fails after only 5 mos use. will replace it on their dime.

This is not an unusual scenario for purchases at audio stores nor even when purchasing from a manufacturers on-line store.

It is always nice to here about exceptional cusomer service, but most here expect it at a minimum.

This post would have had more impact if there wasn't this nice experience. Any reputable on-line store or manufacturer should provide such service.

Glad they did for you!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you're right. They should, and most do. I had to do a lot of thinking before I bought these speakers because I had never heard them and had only the word of people I did not know who raved about them on-line. I put my post up for others who might be tussling with the same decision.

Here is a quote from MacLeans's magazine ( www.macleans.ca ) that explains why I am so appreciative of ACI's service

http://www.macleans.ca/switchboard/b...06_66563_66563

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.