AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I missed tonight's episode of Star Trek: Enterprise.

I had an "Enterprise" channel set up, but now it's "Star Trek: Enterprise" so it didn't record.

Can anyone send me the show? So as to not have tons of incoming shows, please PM me first if you are able to help out.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
It can be sent once IVS is working again, which it isn't as of yet.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I apologize to everyone for the show request, I guess this isn't the proper place. I've made the request on the yahoo group.

I just hope IVS gets up and running again sometime soon.... ;-)

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I haven't watched it yet but here's what happened.

Bad aliens in bad costumes talked about destroying the Enterprise.

The Enterprise encountered a problem.

Member(s) of the crew goes to remedy the problem and got stuck, captured, etc.

Aftre discussion they go and rescue said member(s) after overcoming a few unexpected obstacles.

T'Pol gets naked for no good reason.

They press the Rick Berman Reset Button and have a giant toga party.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
damn lizard_boy, you spoiled the episode for me!!!

Use the spoiler tag next time.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
n9yty,

There is no need for IVS. UPN always rebroadcasts the most recent episode on Sunday. In fact, my Enterprise Replay channel is permanently set for Sundays because of a conflict with the normal Wednesday airings. :)

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gweempose
n9yty,

There is no need for IVS. UPN always rebroadcasts the most recent episode on Sunday. In fact, my Enterprise Replay channel is permanently set for Sundays because of a conflict with the normal Wednesday airings. :)
it varies by market, but most UPN stations re-run enterprise at some point during the week

·
Registered
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by n9yty
I missed tonight's episode of Star Trek: Enterprise.

I had an "Enterprise" channel set up, but now it's "Star Trek: Enterprise" so it didn't record.

Thanks!!!
Yeah, isn't it interesting? When "Enterprise" first started, the producers stated they left off the "Star Trek" part of the name on purpose, to sort of give the new show its own identity (this seemed like a silly idea).

Then, as part of their "re-tooling" of the show, they changed the name to include it. (Duh). :rolleyes:

I discovered this today when I noticed no red dots on the program grid for tonight's show, even though I did have a show-based guaranteed spot for it in my Replay grid. I had to delete it and re-do.

Sorry, I would have posted a warning here if I had known it was not just me, not realizing it was due to the name change. Last week's show did not reflect the change. "Ack," indeed!

I'd send the show, but I only have a lowly Replay 2002.

-blabber-

P.S. to n9yty: 73 de a Ham named Scott :cool:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lord1234
funny to see hams on this forum

de n1vyf :)
Probably a lot of ham geeks here in this forum. The ones that aren't hams... should be! ;)

de k6bla :)

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy

Aftre discussion they go and rescue said member(s) after overcoming a few unexpected obstacles.

Damn you, ruined the whole season for me. Oh well, another time slot

freed up.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I doubt you will actually want this freaking episode. I haven't seen it yet, but the trailer last week gave my household it's latest catch phase.

"Alien Sex Slave"

'nuff said. I'm sure it sucks more than usual. But I'll prolly watch it anyway. A little girl on girl action between said 'slave' & T'pol was also promised by the trailer. So what the hey.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by blabber
Probably a lot of ham geeks here in this forum. The ones that aren't hams... should be! ;)

de k6bla :)
I'm both....I'm ve6lkc, but haven't bothered to get an FCC ticket yet. :rolleyes:

The Dreamer

·
Registered
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by blabber
... even though I did have a show-based guaranteed spot for it in my Replay grid. I had to delete it and re-do.
I'm really surprised to hear that, BOTH of my 4K's recorded Enterprise last night without making any changes.

Quote:

After discussion they go and rescue said member(s) after overcoming a few unexpected obstacles.

That was last week's spoiler. This week:

T'pol gets .....

Archer is acting ...

Trip can't ...

The aliens want .... and get ...

A good looking broad .... the Enterprise crew.:D

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I thought this week's episode was pretty decent. The sexual themes were not as contrived as previously, and the show actually advanced the longer-term story arc in a meaningul way. So far, I think this season is the best of the 3.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by gweempose
There is no need for IVS. UPN always rebroadcasts the most recent episode on Sunday.
Not here they don't. Our local 'UPN' channel is a direct feed rebroadcast from the satellite, there is no "local station", just a feed of select programs that the cable company puts out on a local channel. The rest of the time, the channel is black or color bars.

·
Registered
838 Posts
acourvil, agreed. I really liked last night's episode. I am always annoyed in the other Star Trek series where every time there was a firefight, the aliens couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, and the Federation people were basically standing straight up in the line of fire and picking off the aliens one by one. This episode had much more realistic fighting where you didn't automatically know the outcome. It was also interesting to see some weakness in T'Pol, instead of pretending that Vulcans are invulnerable to everything.

- Chris

·
Registered
262 Posts
Quote:
I haven't watched it yet but here's what happened.

When I was in college in the 70s, I'd go watch TOS with a friend after classes. We were always a few minutes late getting to the house, and at the time the show would begin, one of us would say, "Hurry! Captain Kirk is already a prisoner!".

Later on, we'd use that term for anything that was running late.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Part of what is annoying about this name change is that it's in the middle of new episodes, and it's being done on a station-by-station basis. In the Boston area, they changed it just in time for the Tuesday night update, and despite posting a reminder in the other thread, I then forgot to make the change when I got home last night.

Fortunately, the Boston station re-airs it on Saturday.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.