AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have experience with Acoustiblok? Does it work well, is it easy to install, any info on prices. their web site offers little. thanks

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
FYI, a search on Acoustiblok found a lot of hits from previous conversations. Perhaps some of them will help answer some of your questions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just finished insulating a dedicated room.....3 walls are solid concrete....the other wall, I had "double-walled" and used acoustiblok serpentined between the double wall....

It is very heavy stuff.....about 1 pound per square foot.....and the cost is about $2.50 per square foot...I used a 270 square foot roll that cost $675

The people who work there are helpful....I think I dealt with Tammy....

The main issue you will have is the delivery.....They are in Tampa, Florida...and I also live in Tampa...so I just went down to the warehouse and picked it up myself....I imagine that the cost to ship would be an eye-opener......

I am using it to significantly block the low frequencies from going into the main part of the house....

I have seen it used for other applications as well.....someone bought a house near here that has a freight train that goes virtually every night very near to them...and it was driving them crazy with the sound in their bedroom....they "acoustibloked" the entire bedroom and the problem was solved......

There are probably other ways to sound-proof....you will get others here to give you their two cents as well....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.