AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about to begin building acoustic panels for the first and possibly second reflection points. What is the witdth & heigth required suitably to cover these points? 2ft - 4ft X 4ft - 6ft ?

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Well, technically you have several "first reflection points". And the reflection points for each seating positions will be different. So the bigger the better.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMF
Well, technically you have several "first reflection points". And the reflection points for each seating positions will be different. So the bigger the better.
I'm going for my "sweetspot" predominantly. If the rest of the seats sound good too that's a bonus. Ideally I'd like to build 2'w X 6'h panels. I'm just wondering if that's enough width to do the job. I want to do one for each row so four in total on the sides. And I'm going to do one on the ceiling which I think I'll do 4' X 8'

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
Plot all of the points and see what you need to cover. Just using giant ones to cover everything with one will have you using much more than what you likely need in that specific part of the room - limiting what you could use in other places to provide a more efficient solution. 2x4 is pretty standard. When I see a space where I need to use 3 or 4 panels on each wall to get all the points for all the seats, I cut them down to maybe 18x36 if possible.

Every room is different.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks bpape, that's what I was leaning towards. I was a little worried about not having enough material if I had to go with 4' wide panels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.