AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Acoustic Research S115PS 15" sub that is not working. I have it in the shop but the tech says he needes a wiring diagram to repair power amp. Does anyone have any info on this amp? Thanks

·
Registered
830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolstick /forum/post/20819128

I have the Acoustic Research S115PS 15" sub that is not working. I have it in the shop but the tech says he needes a wiring diagram to repair power amp. Does anyone have any info on this amp? Thanks

I'm not going to tell you what to do with your cash,(Smile) but if I were you I would not waste money on that sub. I had the same exact sub and then I upgraded to a ID sub HSU (VTF-3.3) that kills the old sub. Not saying you should go that route, but the newer subs just simply blow away the AR's S115PS.

Good luck and it's something to think about.

My original post.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1332240

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Subwoofer repairs often run $200-300+ and are guaranteed 30-90 days.

If you do a large number of Google searches on 'Acoustic Research S115PS Service Manual' you may find a site that has the service manual that you can download for a fee of $15-25.

After my S115PS died, I gave it to a high school kid to see if he could repair it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.