AVS Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1277 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Anyone else free to try logging into EZ-RC.com? I'm having issues. Yes, I know I need to learn RM.

Alright, EZ-RC not working has forced me to learn RM. Damn, it's not difficult at all, just need to figure out how to properly correct the RX-V375 from EZ-RC to the comparable RMIR file.

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
Not working for me either. But all your codes and settings should have come right over without any changes. If you have any more trouble, post your files over at hifi-remote.com, and we'll take a look.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Do you guys know if this is an end-of-life type situation, or the site is just down? I'm midstream in the programming, due to some changes to my controlled devices, so am confused how I could pick back up from where I started.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not working for me either. But all your codes and settings should have come right over without any changes. If you have any more trouble, post your files over at hifi-remote.com, and we'll take a look.
I missed programming a button and didn't realize it wasn't there until I needed it. So it pulled my settings into RM, but obviously was still missing that particular button.

Do you guys know if this is an end-of-life type situation, or the site is just down? I'm midstream in the programming, due to some changes to my controlled devices, so am confused how I could pick back up from where I started.
RM is seriously not that difficult. The only part that could be considered difficult is locating the necessary files for your devices. Once you have files, it's easy. It's actually easier than EZ-RC as you have to wait for all the crap to shift and load on EZ-RC. On RM, you drag and drop and you're done after pushing changes.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I just want to say that I am continually amazed at how great this remote is. The combination of RMIR and the EZ-RC online programming tool makes this remote impossible to beat for the money. It's like having a the fully programmable functionality of a URC remote with the ease of setup of a Harmony in one - the best of both worlds. Furthermore, and I have no idea why this is the case, but they are continually adding new hardware/remote information to EZ-RC. I just downloaded the remote codes for a new Blu-ray player.

So, I just picked up another Nevo C3 for $15. I know these remotes are not the most durable, but when they are working, nothing comes close for the money.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I picked up a couple of Nevo C2 units on eBay, my first. The middle portion of the outer case has a black rubberized surface that is sticky, due to the rubber degrading. I'm wondering how common a problem this is with this model. Wondering about exchanging the units I received but that wouldn't do much good if the problem affects or will affect all units. Appreciate any input. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I picked up a couple of Nevo C2 units on eBay, my first. The middle portion of the outer case has a black rubberized surface that is sticky, due to the rubber degrading. I'm wondering how common a problem this is with this model. Wondering about exchanging the units I received but that wouldn't do much good if the problem affects or will affect all units. Appreciate any input. Thanks.
Seems to be fairly common, I think just because they were in storage for so long. You can restore it if you haven't already scratched it by rubbing in talcum/baby powder liberally but gently, let sit ten minutes then wipe off with a damp cloth and repeat. Usually two treatments will do the trick.

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
I recently saw on the OFA support site that the Touch / C3 apparently natively supports at least some RF lighting systems. I've asked them for more details and will post what they say. But in the mean time, has anyone had any success natively controlling any RF lights with their Xsight remote? It would be really cool if it actually works. We wouldn't have to rely on crappy IR gateways anymore.

On a different subject, OFA has also published their own Win 8/8.1/10 patch for Xsight and Nevo. It appears to be much the same as registry files we made at hifi-remote.com.
Touch: http://www.oneforall.com/downloads/dl/file/id/347/urc8603_windows_8_1_10_connection_patch.zip
Color: http://www.oneforall.com/downloads/dl/file/id/344/urc8602_windows_8_1_10_connection_patch.zip

·
Registered
30 Posts
I recently saw on the OFA support site that the Touch / C3 apparently natively supports at least some RF lighting systems. I've asked them for more details and will post what they say. But in the mean time, has anyone had any success natively controlling any RF lights with their Xsight remote? It would be really cool if it actually works. We wouldn't have to rely on crappy IR gateways anymore.

On a different subject, OFA has also published their own Win 8/8.1/10 patch for Xsight and Nevo. It appears to be much the same as registry files we made at hifi-remote.com.
Touch: http://www.oneforall.com/downloads/dl/file/id/347/urc8603_windows_8_1_10_connection_patch.zip
Color: http://www.oneforall.com/downloads/dl/file/id/344/urc8602_windows_8_1_10_connection_patch.zip
Confirmed.
I have it working with KlikAanKlikUit lights. Google for other names of them used in different countries.

Sent from my ZX Spectrum 48k

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
Confirmed.
I have it working with KlikAanKlikUit lights. Google for other names of them used in different countries.

Sent from my ZX Spectrum 48k
Thanks! If you use Remote Master, would you mind posting your file here (you have to create an account first. Sorry)
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=user_upload&cat_id=35
I'd like to see what the file for an RF device looks like.

OFA US refused to answer because Xsight isn't their brand in US. OFA UK responded, "One For All universal remotes do not support Automation and or RF devices". But that is in direct contradiction to the FAQ I posted and to your own experience. I gave it another try and will hopefully get a better answer from them.

In the mean time, I think I'll connect to ez-rc and see what automation/lighting devices I can find.

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
These are the Home Automation brands from ez-rc. Anybody recognize some that may be RF only? I started to make a list of models. But ez-rc limits me to about 10 searches per session. So it's going to take a very long time to compile. The few that I do recognize, like Lutron, has IR codes only, as far as I can tell.

Accutek
Admiral
Agled
Airconco
Airmate
Amana
Amway
Anac
Anmrui
Aucma
Audio Access
AudioEase
Automan
Auton
Auto-Tilt
B & O
Balboa Instruments
Balmuda
Bang & Olufsen
Barthelme
Barthelmess
Berker
Bionaire
Black&Decker
Blue Star
Bosch
Busch-Jaeger
Cableshare
Calor
Carlon
Carrier
Casarte
Celexon
Channel Vision
CLO Systems
Colorado vNet
COMFORT-AIRE
Comfortex
Command Center
Concern For Comfort
Conrad
Cool Breeze
Coolfree
Crestron
Cricket
Croma
Crosley
Daewoo
Daiko
Da-Lite
DEL Motorized Solutions
Dimension One Spas
Doshisha
Draper
Dynalite
Dyson
Easetime
Electrolux
Elero
Elite Screens
Encon
E-Param
Evergo
Exclusiv-Home
ExclusivLAN
Fedders
Feller
Friedrich
Frigidaire
FSL Electronic solution
Fusibo
Futronix
Gazco
GE
General Electric
Gewa
Gewiss
Gira
Glee
Goelst
GoldStar
Goodbaby
G-Rail
Gree
GreenFan
HAI
Haier
Hampton
Hanil
Harrison Drape
Hatari
Hello Kitty
Hisense
Hitachi
Holmes
Homsys
Honeywell
Hunter Douglas
Huppe Form
iLight
Inyan
Iris Ohyama
iRobot
Jung
Kenmore
Koizumi
Komeco
Kopp
Kramer
Kustom
LampElves
Landia
Laser Lock
Lasko
LG
Lian
Lift-Tech
Lightolier
Linak
LiteTouch
Luminara
Luminous
Lutron
Luxaflex
Magic Lighting
Makita
Marelco
Marmitek
Maruzen
Mathmos
Matra
Merten
Micro-Electric
Midea
Minify
Mitsubishi
Mitsubishi Electric
Monster Cable
MrMax
Multi Fan
National
Navio
NEC
NetStreams
Nichibei
Nielsen
Nortex
Nufax
Odelic
One For All
OS
Panasonic
Panja
PCS
Peha
Phast
Philex
Philips
Pikosystems
Powercord
Qcubic
RadioShack
Rainban
Robosapien
Royal Sovereign
RS
Russound
Samsung
Sanyo
Schultz
Screen Research
Sears
Security System
Sharp
Sharper Image
Shinil
Siemens
Silent Gliss
Simmtronic
Singfun
SmartLinc
SMC
Solar Drape
SOLEUSAIR
Somfy
SPT
Staron
Sunbeam
Sunpentown
Superswitch
SV
Svensson
Swish
Swissflex
SWP
Syna
Takizumi
Tash
Techniku
Technitrend
Telegan
The Sharper Image
Timeguard
Toshiba
TouchTronics
UIC
Ultralift
Ultraluxx
Universal
Universal Devices
Universal X10
Vantage
Velleman
Velux
Vivaldi
Vogel's
Volltronic
Westmont
Whirlpool
WindMere
WowWee
X10
Xantech
Xin Da
Yadu
YAIR
Yamada
YangziAir
Yinyan
Yokota
Young Bird
Yujin Robot
Zhouhui Electronic

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks! If you use Remote Master, would you mind posting your file here (you have to create an account first. Sorry)
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=user_upload&cat_id=35
I'd like to see what the file for an RF device looks like.

OFA US refused to answer because Xsight isn't their brand in US. OFA UK responded, "One For All universal remotes do not support Automation and or RF devices". But that is in direct contradiction to the FAQ I posted and to your own experience. I gave it another try and will hopefully get a better answer from them.

In the mean time, I think I'll connect to ez-rc and see what automation/lighting devices I can find.
Hi,

To add KlikAnnKlikUit or COCO or Intertechno devices (same things only differently branded) I just followed instruction I received from OneForAll:

When setting up the light control on the Xsight you can use the device Home Automation, and the brand One For All.
The COCO devices work on the same codes as the One For All light switches.
In our One For All Home automations codes you will find 12 codes, these 12 codes correspond to the letters A,B,C on the COCO units. Then the numberkeys 1 till 9 and 0 will correspond to the COCO switches numbers 1,2,3, etc.
If these COCO switches are the newer ones, you could learn the COCO switches from the Xsight on any of the 12 codes under Home Automation and brand One For All

To set up the Light Control on your remote, please follow this procedure:

1. On the Xsight, go to Settings and then to RF On/Off. The display should read 'RF Transmission is currently ON'.
2. Click OK.
3. You should still be in the Settings menu. Click Device Setup and then Add Device.
4. The display will read: 'What is it?'.
5. Choose Home Automation.
6. The display will read: 'Select Brand'.
7. Choose the brand One For All.
8. The display will read: 'Next, we'll make sure we've got the right codes. Turn on your One For All and point the remote towards it'.
9. Follow the instructions and click Begin Test.
10. The Display will read: 'One For All Home Automation Testing code 1/12. Test the Power Button...'.
11. Press Works on the first code.
12. The display will read: 'Congratulations! You've successfully set up your One For All Home Automation. Add another device?'.
13. Press No, press No again on the next question, and then press Home.

Now you will need to reset your RF Receiver:
Keep the button on the RF Receiver pressed until the red light starts to flash repeatedly. Release the button and then press it again. Keep it pressed until the red light turns off.

Now follow the next procedure:
14. On the Xsight, go to Devices.
15. Choose One for All Home automation.
16. Press 1 (or 2 or 3).
17. Keep the button on the RF Receiver pressed until the red light starts to flash repeatedly, then release the button.
18. Press Power On and the light should turn on, Press Power Off and the light should go out.

To program other Light controls, repeat steps 16-18.

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
Great info. Thanks for posting it! Unfortunately for me, the One For All home automation device does not exist in my US remote. But I will try to add it from ez-rc and see what happens.

OFA UK finally responded. They can't give me the full list of supported devices. But I can ask them about specific devices, and they will confirm. So, Xnappo, if you or others want to know about specific models, please post them here and I will get answers. In the mean time, I will ask about the major brands found at US home improvement stores.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Hi,

I purchased another Nevo C3. Unfortunately this one presents with the same problem over and over. It is useable for a few commands and then it locks up and reboots. It also will not allow me to factory reset it. I go to the reset area in settings and does not do anything when I select reset for the second time. Does anyone know how to force a factory reset or have any other ideas on how fix the remote?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
804 Posts
Hi,

I purchased another Nevo C3. Unfortunately this one presents with the same problem over and over. It is useable for a few commands and then it locks up and reboots. It also will not allow me to factory reset it. I go to the reset area in settings and does not do anything when I select reset for the second time. Does anyone know how to force a factory reset or have any other ideas on how fix the remote?

Thanks,

John

I was able to solve my problem. I reloaded my firmware by removing the battery, holding the power button and OK button down at the same time and reinserting the battery. The remote then goes into upgrade mode. Then I connected the remote to my computer and logged onto EZ-RC and it automatically reinstalled the firmware. Now it works perfectly.

John

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
Glad you got it working. It won't reload the same firmware version over again. You actually got a new version.

For future reference, to do a factory reset, you press 981 then Reset. But in my experience, that usually doesn't fix an unresponsive remote.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hi all, this seems like a very well-informed group! I'm interested in comparisons between the Xsight Touch (+RMIR) and the Harmony Elite as a replacement for my aging URC MX-850 (10 years+ and still going strong but which is unable to learn some newer device codes). My system is very AV-centric (LG OLED, Oppo 103D, AppleTV, Roku, cableTV, Lexicon MC-12HD, and recently added DVDO iScan Mini and Quick6R HDMI switcher); with Philips Hue the only home automation device I'd look to integrate and even that would be optional. Everything is currently line-of-sight IR-based though I may upgrade AppleTV if/when they release a 4K version.

So my questions about the two remotes boil down to these general considerations:

1. Software: I have always done the MX-850 programming myself using the URC software and am very comfortable using its full capabilities (macros, delays, jumps, etc.). How do the RM and MyHarmony measure up in terms of flexibility and control? Are there any advantages/trade-offs to one or the other? What would be gained/lost relative to the URC MX-850 software? Also, I am Mac-based, can I program the Touch entirely with RM, or do I also need to gin up a native UEL software install through Windows 7?

2. Ergonomics: How comfortable/easy to use are they? I generally prefer hard buttons, though in my usage I rarely use the numeric keypad so losing that isn't a factor. I'm more concerned about feel/balance, ease of operating buttons by feel, etc. How well does that Touch page slider thingy work vs. swiping?

3. Durability: Obviously the Elite is relatively new so it doesn't have a long-term track record, but I'm wondering how does the Xsight Touch hold up over time? (I tend to hang on to remotes for a long time once I get them configured).

4. Other practical considerations: differences in time between charging, battery replacement, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

- Philip Brandes

1101 - 1120 of 1277 Posts