AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to start turning a bonus room into a dedicated theater. Room is 15' 11" X 21'. One of the 21' walls is a knee wall about 4' 6" tall.

Plan to do some basic acoustic treatment, 1" fiberboard (or Echo Eliminator panels) covered with GOM, along with some bass traps. I plan on treating the knee wall but not the sloped ceiling above the 4' 6" mark.

Are there any special acoustic considerations/treatments I should look into for a knee wall?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
Where is the knee wall - front or rear? If in the front, I'd strongly recommend treating the slope with some absorbtion to avoid some nasty reflections back at you from the surrounds. Even in the rear, I'd want to see if there were any reflections that could focus an undue amount of signal back at the seats.

Where your seats are also matters. If close to the rear wall, I might consider some absorbtion at seated head level on the 4'6" wall.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at the screen the kneewall is all the way front to back on the right hand side of the room. Plan on just a single row of seats so there will be about 5' behind seats to back of room.

Does anyone have any pictures of a treated sloped ceiling?

Planned to do columns and a small soffit, so figured I would just build soffit at the point where the kneewall starts to slope (thus columns on right side would only be 4'6" tall). If I treated the ceiling not sure how I could make it look ok, any ideas?

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
Well then... That is DEFINITELY going to need something - both on the lower and upper parts - just like a normal wall would along the right wall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.