AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the acoustic treatments master thread, and there is an awful lot to digest there. I have a plan on what I want to do for my room, but I wanted to run it by the experts here to see it it makes sense for my room.

I am planning on covering the entire screen wall with Linacoustic covered by GOM, and also have curtains around the screen. The screen will not be acoustically transparent and takes up a significant portion of the front wall.

I will put Linacoustic covered with GOM on the bottom half of both the side walls up to ear level. Since the right wall is longer than the left wall, not sure if I should do Linacoustic/GOM all the way to the back on the right wall, or stop even with where the left wall ends. The top half of the side walls will be painted drywall with chair rail seperating the top and bottom half.

The ceiling will be painted drywall, and the floor will be thick carpet.

I am hoping to do no acoustic treatments to the back half of the room where the ping-pong table & popcorn machine are. Does this sound reasonable?

To give you an idea, here is what I expect my room to look like:

Here are my dimensions if that helps:

Thanks,

Guy

· Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ethan,

Thanks for the advice on bass traps. I suppose I put those in the "something I am going to have to figure out later" category, and haven't put much thought into them at all quite honestly. Unless someone tells me otherwise, my plan is to get the room constructed, and then add bass traps. I don't know enough about the to know if I'll need to measure the room response, or if there are standard places (corners, if I remember correctly?) that I should put them.

Guy

· Registered
540 Posts
Also consider the corners from wall to ceiling and wall to floor, but especially the three surface corners also... not to steal Ethan's thunder.

· Registered
6,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs /forum/post/0

Also consider the corners from wall to ceiling and wall to floor, but especially the three surface corners also... not to steal Ethan's thunder.

Thunder? What's that?

BTW, nice to see you here again. You been away, or did I just miss your posts?

--Ethan

· Registered
540 Posts
Thanks Ethan.

Yeah I haven't been in here much lately as I guess it's just too darn depressing since I've had to push out my basement project. Our second little one was born in July so since then, I've been a wee bit busy being Daddy. I'd be surprised if I even get to start it up in '07.. Maybe at least get some drilock on the walls and some dricore hopefully on the floor.

Still sticking to my plan to eventually get that room built, it's just when that's the problem.. I've got a whole set of paradigm reference v.3's and a servo 15.. In Boxes still. Shameful. hehehe
Do what'cha gotta do I guess. I sure hope those particular speakers don't have a shelf life.

So I cruise through here every now and then to see if I can find that elusive solution on how I'm not going to have to do a drop ceiling, though I have all these utility lines below the joists.. including a natural gas line now also.. NG rocks.

But yep, I'm still kickin'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.