AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I think I already know the answer but, ill ask anyway, I need to wrap some frames im bulding for the front columns on my new theater, I see all kinds of acoustically transparant fabric for sale all over the web.

So my question is, should I waste my time buying the cheap 6$-15$ per yard fabric or am i gonna get what I pay for and should just skip all the messing around and source some GOM? and Im not even sure how much it is a yard, Im just looking for something like the FR701 in black.

could anyone out there recommend alternatives, if there are any that are in your opinions acceptable ? or show me a source to buy some GOM fabric?

thanks guys!

Brett

·
Registered
270 Posts
I got my GOM from http://fabricmate.com/fabricsale.htm its $13/yd.

I looked at some alternatives (Dazian Expo), but liked GOM better. There was a pattern to the Dazian and thought it would be harder to install so the pattern looked right and would also require more fabric to keep the pattern consistent. (Couldn't rotate the fabric 90 degrees or you would see the difference in the pattern.)

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.