AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a new house and have an upstairs media room and game room. I'm thinking about using Acoustik Mat to dampen all the upstairs floors based on some of the threads I've read on this forum...

Aside from wanting decent sound isolation in the media room, I need to preserve my hearing from the rock band/recording studio (only 5 more years before the kids move out!) in the game room.

But, before dropping $2K on this project, I'd like to get some specific feedback from those who have actually installed Acoustik Mat to see if you feel like it REALLY works...

I'm also considering double walls to provide additional sound control.

· Registered
1,462 Posts
Hello and welcome.

Say did you try to do a search for Acoustik? Tip: Search this forum and use crawler search.

There have been a few good threads on that recently. Included contact information and background info from Dennis E. Also some tech details were discussed.

The stuff seemed very impressive with nothing but good reviews.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup... read all the threads but most of them talk about somebody else's experience or only talk about installing the stuff... I'm hoping to hear from someone who is currently using it in their home and can speak to how much of a difference it REALLY makes... especially if they have an upstairs home theater...

· Registered
1,462 Posts
Since you are new (via post number .. you may be lurking for years for all I know).... let me tell you that when Dennis E recommends a product I sit up an listen. He does something like 80 (saw him state this once) designs for residential HTs a year and various technical comments about the product stuck with me. Did you see threads about this stuff with his comments in it and about the company that makes it?

In a few threads I have heard impressive comments directly from people that used the product. Based on all I have read I'd use the stuff without a doubt. Just my two cents.

I recall other threads here about people with upstairs HTs (mines where my living room was arch'd to be BTW). I didn't use the stuff and didn't even know it exist. I have double walls. HTH

· Registered
1,462 Posts
An excellent point was made by a friend to me...that is Dennis Erskine usually use products to solve specific problems and not a one size fits all.

My suggestion is to do a crawler seaach in this particular forum for user Dennis Erskine. Just read those threads and pay attention to his points to see if it applies.

I don't always agree with what Dennis Erskine writes but it always gives me something to seriously think about. HTH

· Registered
25,265 Posts
I'm just starting to get experience with it in my DE theater.I have a second floor theater and I have several times more output in my subs than my old theater but two of my children who's bedroom are below say that it has made a difference in the amount of transmission thus far. Granted, this is based on quite a bit of demo material and only four films but it's positive and unsolicited.

Art

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.