AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am placing an order for Acoustik Mat tiles today (after hearing Dennis' recommendation) and was just curious if anyone knew where to get the adhesive that will bind these to the floor? I will not be installing them for a while but just want to have the supplies on hand in time.

Thanks for any info...

-Jeff-

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is not a link believe it or not. You have to talk to them on the phone or email. Here is the company name and phone number though so you can get more info:

Duro Int'l Inc

59 36th Avenue

St-Eustache,Québec,Canada J7P-2Z4

450-473-5322

This is the email contact I have been using to get information and price quotes, etc:

Jean-François Vaillacourt
[email protected]

Good luck! I hear the stuff really works well so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
EDITED: Apparently I confused a couple of different products. I will leave these links for reference but please see Dennis' post below for clarification.

Sorry for any confusion...

Quote:
Here's a site with info & specs on Acousti-Mat:

Acousti-Mat II

Acousti-Mat 3

·
Registered
296 Posts
does this work under carpet as well as tile. i have a bonus room that is half over the garage/half over the master bedroom that i am finishing into a theater. should i put this under the carpet pad? any thoughts on price?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wrighthenry...

The Acoustik Mat doesn't need to be used under tile. In my case for instance, I will be putting the Acoustik Mat over the subfloor and then putting plywood over it and then carpet pad/carpet. The idea is that it isolates the sound waves so they don't use the structure of the house to travel around. In response to my own question about what adhesive to use: I just ordered the Acoustik Mat and with it two buckets of adhesive that is supposed to work with it. We'll see how the stuff works I guess. Since my HT is in my attic I hope it works well since I like to watch movies at night and don't want to wake others.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'm using Acoustik Mat between the subfloor and a layer of 3/4" T&G plywood. I used an exterior carpet mastic to bond the square mats to the subfloor and plywood. I ran out of mastic part way through the job, it was late at night, so I used liquid nails to finish the job. I screwed the first pieces of plywood through the AM, into the sub floor to hold them in place, while I installed the others. I left a 3/8" gap around the perimeter of the plywood floor, and then went back and filled the gap in with silicone caulk. A week later I took the screws out of the plywood.

You'll be very happy with the results from the Acoutik Mat. You'll notice a tremendous difference the first time you walk on your new floor. It's a great sensation. In fact, walking into your home theater, when it is finished, and closing the door, you'll experience a tremendous calming sensation. The world, and all it's stress and noise pollution can't get inside - You may not want to ever come out.

Some stats: The mats measure 23" x 23" square. They weigh about 10-12 pounds each. They can tear, so be careful when working with them. Oh, and don't worry about the rubber smell, it goes away after about a week. I thought I had made a huge mistake when I discovered what these mats were like, but I've since seen the Owens Corning silent mat, and this Acoustik Mat is many times better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.