AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has any experience with either or both of these. the prices are close enough, the acoustimacs being slightly higher but also having slightly higher NRC. Im planning on doing 12 24x48x2 panels on the side and back walls. Let me know if you have any thoughts on either

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
They all sell good products with good specs, the differences are very minor and really not worth swaying your decision IMO. Both sites have specs posted. The ATS Roxul AFB is by far cheaper.
http://www.atsacoustics.com/item--Ro...f-6--1006.html

I've used it in 3 different HT rooms the first one I did was mine. It's semi rigid but works great installed in a frame. It's also what ATS uses in their pre-made panels. Unless you can find one of the other product cheaper locally I see no reason to go with anything else.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio /forum/post/0

I posted the same thread in audio setup and the consensus thus far is the avoustimacs ad they don't have the rear wood panel should I decide to pull them off the wall an inch to help with the lower frequencies.

Ohh, I thought you were building your own panels. I built mine open back for $18 a panel. Very easy project. If you're not up to it, buy whatever suits you're needs at the right price, the performance of all in question is very good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.