AVS Forum banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #141 (Edited)
Added:
dBfs - Decibels relative to Full Scale - A unit of measurement for amplitude levels in digital systems. 0 dBFS is the level of a signal that is at the maximum level your system can cope with without clipping the tips of the waveform. So -10 dBFS means a level that is 10 decibels lower than the maximum level your system can handle. In summary - decibels are used to describe differences or changes in level. 0 dB means 'no change'. Values in dBFS are used to describe signal levels in comparison with the highest level your system can handle.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #142 (Edited)
Updated definition:
LFE - Low Frequency Effects - Technically a dedicated audio channel on a soundtrack. The . 1 in 5.1 or 7.1. In contrast to the main channels, the LFE channel delivers bass-only information (

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
@darrellh44 and @wpbpete

Make you a deal. You get my thread made a sticky (my goal in trying to be helpful to all us bass-heads) and I will add both your suggestions to my list.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
@darrellh44 and @wpbpete

I've re-considered my above post. I made its tone too quid pro quo.

Yes I think this thread would be a great sticky, but I don't have control over that. Someone (other than me) would have to suggest this to the moderator.

No I don't think that TLA will make it into my list. But it is in your post. BLNT (Better Luck Next Time).

LT - Has this term been used often in posts? I haven't seen it, but that doesn't mean enough. If you say it often gets tossed into posts, then I will include it. If you have one, it would helpful to have a good one or two sentence explanation.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts