AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I've just got Playon HD Mini today. So far, it support many more movie formats than My WDTV 1st gen. I updated a FW this afternoon and it added DVD support on this new Firmware too. Live Preview very welcome feature for me too because I'm too lazy to do cover thumbnail in WDTV.


Love the Radio feed and Rss feed but I wish they will add Youtube and Bit Torrent in the next firmware though. I kinda prefer smaller remote control like the WDTV one though. PlayOn remote is huge.


Anyway so far I love it and each Firmware Update they added many more option not as greedy as WDTV which added a little of stuffs in each Firmware.


I gonna spend time with it a little more see if there is anything to report.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice to see a Quick update Firmware wise From Acryan and Even a nice Beta to adding Some Functionality From SDK 3,All good so far.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Today I tried to plug in 2 2.5" External Hdd and It looks like the USB Ports doesnot have enough power to power 2 of them. So I put power adapter on one of the drive and take it out and put it back in again and then it work. How ever, everytime I turn it off and turn it back on again I have to take one of the hdd off and put it back on to make it work. The question is, Is this normal? What happen if I put a 3.5" and a 2.5" external on there? Will this low power USB port interfere with USB Wifi dongle and make the connection unreliable? Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawoofa /forum/post/18146320


I've just got Playon HD Mini today. So far, it support many more movie formats than My WDTV 1st gen. I updated a FW this afternoon and it added DVD support on this new Firmware too. Live Preview very welcome feature for me too because I'm too lazy to do cover thumbnail in WDTV.


Love the Radio feed and Rss feed but I wish they will add Youtube and Bit Torrent in the next firmware though. I kinda prefer smaller remote control like the WDTV one though. PlayOn remote is huge.


Anyway so far I love it and each Firmware Update they added many more option not as greedy as WDTV which added a little of stuffs in each Firmware.


I gonna spend time with it a little more see if there is anything to report.


The issues with youtube, hulu, netflix, and other alike on-line services is more a question of licensing rather any limitation of the player itself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Just found out today that If I want to play my ISO file, I'm out of luck since I'm a Mac User and not a pc in my house. To put an ISO 4+gig files on a drive for PlayOn to play it need to be NTFS and Mac cant read and write to this. I dont know if The PlayOn Mini compatible to External NTFS usb hard disk. So anyone have tried this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
I do not own a Playon and have no inclination to do so, but from my research Playon does not support HFS+. About your only option is to download and install MacFUSE .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict_Drvr /forum/post/18187301


I do not own a Playon and have no inclination to do so, but from my research Playon does not support HFS+. About your only option is to download and install MacFUSE .

Thank you for your help. I will Try the software, but what does it do? Make my mac be able to format the drive to NFS format?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawoofa /forum/post/18187882


Thank you for your help. I will Try the software, but what does it do? Make my mac be able to format the drive to NFS format?

MacFuse enables your Mac to read Windows formatted file systems.

So, including NTFS.

The Playon Mini supports NTFS, no problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[BETA] firmware version r3537 (MINI)



Here is another beta firmware release for Playon!HD Mini.


Asian: http://www.acryan.com/downloads/PV73...3537_Asian.zip

European: http://www.acryan.com/downloads/PV73...7_European.zip


According to E (which he's busy hunting bugs), this version fixes the incorrect detection of HDD causing a slow boot up in previous r3395 firmware. On top of that, it includes some improved codes in the latest SDK. It should be more stable in terms of functionality.


We should have another beta firmware by end of this week or early next week. It would have the following add-ons:


1. ********** Client - BT task will be downloaded into attached USB storage

2. Latest YAMJ build

3. Firmware live update over internet (trial)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Playon!HD - Mini [BETA] firmware version r3612 with YAMJ & Trial BT


Okay, the long waited firmware...


For PV73200 Playon!HD - Mini

This firmware comes with YAMJ module and ********** on Trial


YAMJ & Trial BT - http://www.acryan.com/downloads/PV73...MJ_BT_Test.zip


YAMJ 6th Release


1. TV series supported

2. Fixed long filename



Please note for BT, currently it is still slightly unstable. We have already escalated to Realtek and it is under their care which they are looking into it.


Lastly,


Enjoy and report all bugs here.

http://www.acryan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=5402


How to use and setup the YAMJ trial version

http://www.acryan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4273
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top