Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Over the weekend Time Warner Cable killed the HBO-HD and CBS-HD 8-VSB feed, rendering my Panasonic combo useless. Right now they are using 256 QAM modulation. I know that AcsessDTV and WinTV-HD can accept QAM. Does anybody know for a fact if I can use any of these two cards for Time Warner Cable in New York City to pick up their HDTV QAM signal. I am a paying customer and have no intention of stealing service.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I know for a fact that the AccessTV card will not work. Just a few days ago I wrote them about this and received this reply:

-----------------------------------

Hi Ken,

We do not currently support any of the QAM modulations for our ATSC input. This is something that we are looking to potentially add in the future, but do not have an expected release date for it. You can use the NTSC input to connect the signal from your TWC set top box, but it will not be in HD. If you would like, I can add your name to our product management mailing list to be notified if this feature becomes available in the future.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Brian

accessDTV Support

----------------------------------------

Sure would be nice. I'm after a solution that integrates all my TWC HD and non-HD channels into a single HD output. I don't like having to treat HD viewing as a "separate" operation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.