AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Yamaha RX-V677 for my outdoor kitchen with AppleTV, a Bluray and a Cable Box all connected via HDMI and being viewed on a TV via HDMI. I bought an ActionTec MYWIRELESSTV kit to enable the added use of a projector for outdoor movies. The ActionTec "transmitter" will not allow the pass-thru of the HDMI to the TV, but if i unplug the HDMI from the "out" on the transmitter, it WILL send video and audio wirelessly to the ActionTec receiver and the projector works. I called ActionTec support and they said i need a Yamaha update to DHCP 2.0. Does anyone have any experience in this? I did email Yamaha, but have not heard back from them.

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
1 Posts
They are full of crap. I am having the same issue on dish hopper, dish joey, blu-ray, pc. The transmitter permits only one outsource video. It is the origin tv or the destination tv and thats it. It transmits the wireless beautifully. I have tried two mywirelesstv units with no luck. The technicians are clueless. I have a feeling that there was a screw up in a recent batch of product with the internal splitter on the transmitter. If its not that, then a corrupt file code in the software. Maybe try reinstalling the firmware? I haven't tried it yet. It is definitely a new problem, since I am not finding any other people with the same problem. Would love some help though! :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
An easy work-around to the non-functional pass thru feature would be to use an HDMI splitter....one output to the local TV and the other to the Actiontec transmitter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An easy work-around to the non-functional pass thru feature would be to use an HDMI splitter....one output to the local TV and the other to the Actiontec transmitter.
Thanks for the suggestion Vin, that's exactly what i did...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.