AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my lifetime activation tonight, and I got my confirmation of activation email with the "Pre-paid Coupon." I searched around, and it seems like I don't need to do anything with it. I just want to confirm this is the case, so my replay doesn't die on me in the next 2 days because I didn't use the coupon. If anyone could let me know for sure that would ease my mind considerably.

Thanks for your help.

-Lakanta

·
Registered
140 Posts
Correct. If you entered your serial number when you purchased your activation, you can ignore the bizarre prepaid coupon garbage that they send you in the email. You definitely don't have to do anything with it.

The coupon code is only for when someone buys a ReplayTV and activation at the same time in the SONICblue online store--that is, before they know the unit's serial number. That way, when the customer's ReplayTV arrives, they can go back and activate it online using that coupon code. However, SONICblue's ordering system is broken--and has been for a long time--and they send that coupon code to everyone, even people who don't need it because they've already entered their unit's serial number.

For you, all you have to do is wait. If your unit isn't activated by the time you wake up, on your remote control press 2 4 3 and then the ZONES button, which will bring up a bunch of choices, and choose the option to force a connection. You may want to keep trying that every few hours until your unit is activated.

Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.