AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a model 2020 replay that gave up the ghost recently and I had the lifetime activation switched to a 5504 with no problems. I look at my account online and it shows the 5504 as a valid lifetime AND the 2020 as a valid lifetime on my account. What I'm wondering is if this is true? If I get the 2020 repaired, will the lifetime activation still work, or will it deactivate when it dials out again?

I am thinking of trying to get the 2020 repaired so that I can either resell it without the activation, or use it as a glorified vcr since it still thinks that it is a lifetime activation, and will continue to do so unless I connect it to a phone line.

I wonder, though, if the unit will continue to act as a lifetime if it is fixed? I certainly do not want to sell this unit and have someone avoid buying a sub from DNNA because it continued to work as a lifetime, so then I'm guessing I'll end up keeping it as a vcr or parting it out and selling just the parts if that is what is going to happen.

Any ideas on what DNNA does to these "deactivated" units?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
No one really knows at this point. I would hope they have a way to deactivate the 'dead' units, otherwise this whole transfer of subscriptions is likely to go away.

Good idea not to sell it. Getting it fixed and seeing what happens with the activation is a crap shoot...your call.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Anything anyone of us can say about this would be pure speculation until someone reports first hand experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.